Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

IRAN NUCLEA PROGRAM..

Holmes nash phil

Malawi

As u know iran buld up a nuclea for either electilicity supply or nuclea weapons,.as 4 u view what u think is the risk of this program to world..also other country do the same ask iran the main use of nuclea..

10:06 AM Jul 30 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

razzaghi

razzaghi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Dear Ramez!

Please I remember that in one of your previous comments you called ahmadinejad a Mason, can you please explain more?

I didn't care to this at that time but when I quested about Masons became curious why you called him like that.

Thank you

10:49 AM Aug 05 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

stupid yuvalam talking..

05:58 PM Aug 05 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

stupid yuvalam talking..

Do you say anything intelligent? Ever?

11:34 PM Aug 05 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Since this seems to have devolved into something other than it once was, and I guess I have some responsibility for that, I would like to once again go back to Iran policy and point out this:  

Something's Up With Iran

"...The sanctions are working; they're having a major impact on the Iranian economy. The powerful bazaari community has been shocked not just by the universal support for the sanctions, but also by their comprehensive nature. Iranian ships are sitting at their docks because the international community is refusing to insure them. Banks that have done business with Iran in the past are refusing to do so now because the UN sanctions (that's right, those "weak" UN sanctions) target them as well. The Iranian economy, a stagflation fiasco before the sanctions, is cracking.

As a result, the Administration has been receiving all sorts of feelers ~ public and, for the first time, private ~ from the Iranians about resuming the negotiations on the nuclear program."

It seems that the sanctions are having a bigger effect than anyone anticipated, and that Obama's diplomatic efforts have united most of the world against the Iranian government.  The Iranian government is trying to negotiate again, although they are still continuing in being loud and brash in public statements.  The Iranian economy seems to really be falling apart.  Iranians here, tell me, how is the situation now in your eyes?

07:41 AM Aug 06 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

lol, this topic is getting funny

07:57 AM Aug 06 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

lol, I just reported the pic yuvalam posted and it got deleted and now faith calls me hater :D

well.. funny..

btw faith, dont bother about my faith.. I would be happy if you were a better Muslim than I am , really.

08:00 AM Aug 06 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Nuclear weapons and the United StatesOneRiotYahooAmazonTwitterdel.icio.us <!- /firstHeading -> <!- bodyContent -> <!- tagline -> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <!- /tagline -> <!- subtitle -> <!- /subtitle -> <!- jumpto -> Jump to: navigation, search <!- /jumpto -> <!- bodytext -> United States Location of United States Nuclear program start date 21 October 1939 First nuclear weapon test 16 July 1945 First fusion weapon test 1 November 1952 Last nuclear test 23 September 1992 Largest yield test 15 Mt (1 March 1954) Total tests 1,054 detonations Peak stockpile 31,225 warheads (1967)[1] Current stockpile 5,113 total[1][2] Maximum missile range 13,000 km (8,100 mi) (land)
12,000 km (7,500 mi) (sub) NPT signatory Yes (1968, one of five recognized powers) Nuclear weapons One of the first nuclear bombs.

History
Warfare
Arms race
Design
Testing
Effects
Delivery
Espionage
Proliferation
Arsenals
Terrorism
Civil defense
Anti-nuclear opposition

Nuclear-armed states

United States · Russia
United Kingdom · France
China · India · Israel
Pakistan · North Korea
South Africa (fmr.)

This box: view • talk • edit

The United States was the first country in the world to develop nuclear weapons, and is the only country to have used them in warfare, with the two bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II. Before and during the Cold War it conducted over a thousand nuclear tests and developed many long-range weapon delivery systems.[3] It maintains an arsenal of 5,113 warheads[1][2] and facilities for their construction and design, though many of the Cold War facilities have since been deactivated and are sites for environmental remediation.

those 5000 nukes must be peaceful…. lol.. I cant really understand how  a human brain can say that Iran shouldnt have nuclear bombs..

08:43 AM Aug 06 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

The argument is that Iran signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, where they promised to not try to get nuclear bombs.  The treaty allows (with the expectation that they will eventually remove them) 5 nations to have nuclear weapons, the USA, Russia, China, UK and France.  In addition there are four countries that did not sign, which have since possibly come to possess nuclear weapons – India, Pakistan, North Korea, and Israel.  They are not protected by the treaty, one of the selling points being that the 5 Nuclear states promise to not use nuclear weapons on countries that signed the treaty.  

The treaty allows for the safe development of nuclear power that is not weaponized.  Unfortunately, Iran has been found in violation of the treaty by refusing to allow inspectors to adequately, well, inspect.  

If Iran does not wish to abide by the treaty they signed, they have the right to leave it.  But they should just do that already, if that is what they want.  

As for the American number of nuclear weapons, that total is far reduced from the Cold War, and is being reduced even farther due to the new START treaty recently signed with Russia.  The USA is not moving as fast as I would like on this, but they are moving.  It takes time to do the diplomatic work with other countries, and disposing of nuclear weapons is hardly an easy job.  

Russia has more nuclear weapons than the USA does (Expensive to decomission) and they support the sanctions.   People in power don't like changing the status quo, and they don't like surprises.  

09:36 AM Aug 06 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

To answer Faith! 

“Infidels are those who worship any other but Allah. Yet I have heard Muslims claim Allah is the same God of the Old Testament. If so why are not the Jews and Christians accepted?

We had along discussion in “Islamic jihad fundamentals" about these issues and the differences between the title people get from their birth and their real treatment and conscious then you aren’t here to accept anything we Muslims say to you also we can’t accept everything you Jews and Christians say (Jews and Christians and Muslims are titles), but we all must see what the prophets tell us we don’t need to “accept you” when we believe in what those great prophets have told.

Mohammed (Peace Be upon Him) said: “No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir (infidel).”(Hadith vol. 9:50) This means a non-Muslim.”

We had along discussion in “Islamic jihad fundamentals" about these issues, you may know a lot about Islam but please consider I don’t see myself to be qualified enough  to speak as an Islamic interpreter while I have been living in an Islamic society from my birth so how you decided to interpret “hadithes” and how you added something more to say “This means a non-Muslim”.

Plus I told you befor if we doubt about a hadith whther its from the prophet or not for its verification we just juxtapose it with the holy Quran and the Quran shows the way. Nobody can believe a religion allow it's followers to kill innocent people only for their belives.

Why can't an Iranian American, express his own opinions towards his own country and people, then?

Why do you find this soooooo offensive against me, for sharing it, here?  

I can’t see any of them “here”, you are an Iranian? Iranian American!? He is shy to speak himself? He has hired you? We had a long discussion about this issue and I think you just have forgotten. Please review those we had before.Plus we have a country of 98 percent Muslim so the democracy make to have an Islamic governmental system, the 2 percent can criticize every thing here as they are doing so as I see here, but those cowards have a different story they use to make fake stories to feed the American media because they fundamentally dislike the governmental system, why I said they are coward because most of them have escaped to America or other improved countries when their country was in troubles and war, they are hired people. You can criticize your country for promotion and also you don’t need to escape also you can criticize your government with fake stories for overthrowing process are plotted abroad then you need to escape like cowards.

Why can't you take this criticism, since you criticize the U.S.A., all the time with your Muslim friends on Ebaby?

Yes, we criticize the USA and we pay for it!!

Ammar,   These certain "Mullahs", cannot (should not) have the access to Nuclear Weapons, because they have already threatened (to kill and murder) our allied country in the Middle-East, with them!”

That is told by that alliterated Iranian-American!! Person who can’t write and speak himself!?

Plus:

1-      For “can not (should not)” please zip it. We ourselves know what to do and what not to do!

2-      For “because they have already threatened (to kill and murder) our allied country in the Middle-East”:

A)    I told you lie, now bring your documents and show that you aren’t a liar!!

B)     What a bout whom they are killing innocent civilians every day in the mid east! And they have never stopped to subsidize the fake Zionist regime and never stopped to back them for their crimes?

C)    They have used the atomic bombs?

D)    And they used radioactive effected weapons in Iraq and Lebanon?

E)     They subsidized Saddam to have and use chemical bombs and missiles?

F)     They had grown and subsidized Alqaeda for their interest?

G)    They have killed their own citizens in 11 September to make a fake war against Alqaeda to attend in the region and they have never found their leader?

H)    And not only me; everybody can list hundreds of “they”’s like I did above to show their crimes entire the world?

I can lead a horse to water, but I cannot make him drink.

to answer my friend Radonagi for your statment as you told:

"Unfortunately, Iran has been found in violation of the treaty by refusing to allow inspectors to adequately, well, inspect."

Please bring me a proof.  

06:19 PM Aug 06 2010 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

Today every body knows there was an overthrowing project by the usa and some other western countries and the main tool in this process was the media.

The media never shoved the kiled and injured people in both sides., the two sides were people (the ahmadinejad's and Mousavi's followers) , the leader's order was the devotion to the laws about the election.

everybody knows that Mousavi broke the laws about the election and start denouncing when he failed.

In my family my brother voted for Musavi but I voted for an other person.

Now I see you have found a new way to repeat your lies, "There is also talk" that a jet is on the ready to take the Supreme Leader and his family [with the clothes on their backs] off to Russia."

At least the leader has shown for many times that if it is need to sacrifice to save the country he would be the first person who would dedicate ahead, you deserve to parrot the words of some cowards instead. If you aren't a lair please bring a proof.

03:08 AM Aug 07 2010 |