Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Ideal Parents

pirate

United States

My Q is very simple and clear :

What do u think are the best qualities of an ideal parent ( u can say about mother, father or both )???

I recommend for stories that u know about parents-children relationship.

I know all of u love ur parents very much, believe that they r very happy & proud to have U !!!

Welcome all ur ideas & point of view !!!

:)

05:00 PM Nov 10 2003 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

AmyMaria

Netherlands

Hello,

I will tell you something about my parents. I'm not claiming that they are the perfect parents, judge for yourself.

In order to understand why they have become the parents they are, I will have to tell you about their lifes too. My mother was born in 1960 as the youngest child in a middle-class family. She has one elder brother. Her relationship with her parents has never been very well; from an early age she has tried to break free from their 'power'. She has always felt less than her elder brother, what must be terrible for a young child. One time during a fight her mother told her that they did not plan to have her; they were satisfied with their son… When my mother met my father, her parents were absolutely against this; it is still not clear to me why that was so. One day, my father came to pick her up and she took all her belongings with her and moved in with my father and his parents. She was nineteen years old at that time. Two years later my parents got married; my mothers parents did not show up at the wedding.

My father has had a totally different childhood. When he was really small, he was a small shy boy that only started speaking when he was 4.5 years old. He was the youngest son in a family of three children. He has an elder sister and an elder brother who was very intelligent. His whole life my father looked up at him, in a way he felt less important. This resulted in a fairly low self-confidence, but when you would meet him, you would never think this. He masks it with his social behaviour and quick mouth. He is very involved with other people and does lots of good things for them; I think he is a great man.

As their daughter I would say that they are rather protective parents. They try to check everything we (my brother, sister and I) do and always want to make sure that we are absolutely save. Sometimes I believe they are over-protective, because even now I'm not allowed to do certain things and I'm 20 years old now! When they quarrel it is awful to witness. My mother is very stubborn and will hardly ever change her point of view and my father will keep on talking without listening to what my mother says. But apart from that I think that they are great parents!

Regards,

Amy

08:19 PM Jan 12 2009 |

Learner of Life

Indonesia

Here I want to share ONE of characteristics of ideal parents…

It’s that they become like sincere friends to each other…

10:40 AM Jan 22 2012 |