Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

The art of LIEING

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

What’s the biggest lies you commit on Ebaby? And did anyone fall for it?

02:26 AM Oct 02 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

I've never really lied on here in the forums. There's no need to in the first place if you ask me. I'd rather walk around with the real me at hand rather than a totally fake persona.

02:31 AM Oct 02 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Lies are not a good, its a lack of respect for others and for ourselves.

The Bible says that the father of lies is the devil, because he was who first lied  at the beginning made others lie as well.

So its not profitable to lie.

We must avoid to lie and overcome the temptation.

02:40 AM Oct 02 2010 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Good for you then Mia. But sometimes people want to be somebody else for a while and you could be one on the internet. Or they maybe do it for some other reasons we cant think of.

02:42 AM Oct 02 2010 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Do u believe in white lies Nicte?

02:45 AM Oct 02 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

mike:

If u mean there are some kinds of lies, yes they r:

bigger and smaller, but at the end, they r lies anyway.

05:01 AM Oct 02 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

If u want me to tell u if i had lied before:

The answer is yes, i had, and everybody had, u me, my b.f., ur g.f., and the administrators, i mean, there is no perfect human being, everybody had done it. But it doesnt mean its good.

Remember:

The flu is smt very common, but it doesnt mean it is good to get it. We can feel fever and physical discomfort. The same is about lies, they can make us feel extremely bad and bring us many problems too.

05:08 AM Oct 02 2010 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

mike you wrote

But sometimes people want to be somebody else for a while and you could be one on the Internet.

you describe with this short sentence a kind of illness people suffers a lot nowadays: 

""""What is dissociative identity disorder?

Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a mental illness that involves the sufferer experiencing at least two clear identities or personality states, also called alters, each of which has a fairly consistent way of viewing and relating to the world."""

maybe are some other reason to be a other person….this could be to fear the strict rules of the country you life ,or to be a novelist…

09:07 AM Oct 02 2010 |

3rick

Germany

i haven't no reason to lie on the internet. I always thought that the truth is one of the most important things in our lives, and the internet is also part of our lives…

03:51 PM Oct 02 2010 |

TRUTH

TRUTH

French Southern Territories

To lie is not a good behaviour at all and soomer or later it would be blown up.however sometimes lying is permitted :) how is that ?!!!

Recently two good friends of mine disputed in a discussion and they just stopped talking to eachother although it was a slight disput.

So I thought how to bring them back to eachother until a though crossed my mind :)

I went to the X and I told him that Y told me that he is very regreted for what he did with you,and he told me that he wants to come back friends with you but he is just a bit embarrassed.

Then I went to Y and I told him the same thing,then one day I gathered them together and I told them "I think it is time to finish all this stupid disout,right my dear friends ? :)"   and they just smiled and hugged eachother and a HAPPY END ;D

Also another way to lie is when you tell your wife/husband nice words such like "You're the most beutiful/handsom woman/man I've ever seeen" even if he/she is not really beautiful/handsome :) because this will make a space of love and knidness in their life :)

10:41 PM Oct 02 2010 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

All
I don’t encourage you to lie or whatever on this site. I just wanna know if you ever lie here what’s the back story to back up your lie.
spontan
Reminds me of Dr. Jeckyl and Hyde? Isn’t it?
Truth
You can speaks the truth by lieing. Maybe like the way the US firing and starting the war against Iraq by false judgement of the existence of WMD there in Iraq.

06:36 AM Oct 03 2010 |