Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Christmas Traditions

jack147

jack147

United States

As it's very close to Christmas Day now, it's a good chance to talk about your Christmas traditions.

What is a typical Christmas Day like for you? What do you normally do? If you don't celebrate Christmas, what is the biggest holiday where you are from?

02:53 PM Dec 19 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

conrrine

conrrine

China

So gald to hear the inetesting things about chrismas. it is no christmas in our country since we just have the spring festival. we also have the traditional festival.anyway i hope there are all nice days in your and my lives.

06:11 AM Dec 20 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

My christmas traditions are just the same as Julissita! :)

I LOVE CHRISTMAS

08:02 AM Dec 20 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Midnight masses, Christmas ornaments, family get-together and gift-giving. . .

Merry Christmas to all my Ebaby friends and members!!!Smile

05:04 AM Dec 21 2010 |

Free Leez

China

In China,many young people taking Christmas it as a White Valentine's day. in this  day ,the lovers will be together and exchange presents …just like rose and chocolate….and many young pelple will Choice in this day to show love…...........when we talked about Christmas ,first of all ,most young people will think of romantic love…...............

07:37 AM Dec 21 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

My family tends to celebrate Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day.  We have a big dinner, (this year it'll be prime rib :D ) Then we'll go to midnight mass, come home, open our presents, say thanks to each other, and go to sleep happy.  Christmas Day is for relaxing only.  

Traditionally, well, we have a tree, usually make a fire and play some games like Clue or pictionary.  Not so exciting, I guess, but lots of fun.

05:12 AM Dec 22 2010 |

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi ~ we have an ancient custom from Achaemenian age in the last night of autumn.

We get together in that night and eat nuts, fruits specially watermelon then grand father read poem,” poems are from well-known poet such as HAFEZ and SA’ADI “after everyone tell their poems, people start joking, it’s so funny and interesting custom, I love it

It called YALDA, because the last night of autumn is the longest night in the year

In Persian Yalda means conquer brightness on darkness.

06:44 AM Dec 26 2010 |

HELLO to every member of Ebaby and happy Christmas.In our country we don't have Christmas, we have NOROOZ in the first day of spring, it's an ancient tradition from Achaemenian age and so beautiful, in NOROOZ we get together with grand mother and grand father and have lunch then we go outside to greet some neighbors and to see the fireworks!Iranian people are warm-blooded.Know more that in NOROOZ we have holiday for 2 weeks.

I LOVE NOROOZ AND CHRISTMAS

06:45 AM Dec 26 2010 |

Christmas is a time for love and fun,
A time to reshape souls and roots and skies,
A time to give your heart to everyone

Freely, like a rich and lavish sun,
Like a burning star to those whose lonely sighs
Show need of such a time for love and fun.

For children first, whose pain is never done,
Whose bright white fire of anguish never dies,
It's time to give your heart to every one,

That not one angel fall, to hatred won
For lack of ears to listen to her cries,
Or arms to carry him towards love and fun,

Or friends to care what happens on the run
To adult life, where joy or sadness lies.
It's time to give your heart to everyone,

For God loves all, and turns His back on none,
Good or twisted, ignorant or wise.
Christmas is a time for love and fun,
A time to give your heart to everyone.

11:46 AM Dec 29 2010 |