Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Your Opinion is Important

imaginary-sj

Uzbekistan

What do you think about inter-religious or inter-racial marriage?

Thanks for answer 

08:16 PM Jan 02 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

imaginary-sj

Uzbekistan

Ryo, thanks for your question.. here is the answer of ur question! ^^

Interracial marriage is the term used to describe marriages that take place between people who are from different racial or ethnic groups. Intercultural marriages are defined as marriages between people who come from two different cultural backgrounds. A marriage between a woman from China, whose culture emphasizes the needs of the family over the needs of the individual, and a man from the United States, whose culture emphasizes individual autonomy, would be an example of a intercultural marriage. Whereas relationships between people from different ethnic and cultural groups are becoming increasingly common, there are substantial increases in the number of individuals engaging in interracial or intercultural marriages. However, even though the number and societal acceptance of interracial marriages is growing, little has been written about these marriages, the reasons for their increase, or their strengths and liabilities.

REFERENCE:

http://family.jrank.org/pages/934/Interracial-Marriage.html

12:24 AM Jan 03 2011 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Generally, they require more sensitivity on the part of both sides because different cultural/religious backgrounds make people act differently and respond in different ways to the same situation.  They are somewhat more likely to end in divorce, I think, but certainly are capable of being durable and loving.  

All marriages should have both people fully aware of what they are getting themselves into.  

I would be more likely to marry someone from a different culture than me than someone of a different religion than me, but neither one is a deal-breaker for me.  

06:44 AM Jan 03 2011 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

I think that both cases are more related to a mixed culture couple.

If a couple wants to marry and their cultures are different, there will be no problem, as long as each other be able to respect and try to be a little open to the things that are important to his/her couple.

08:45 AM Jan 03 2011 |

MONY----

MONY----

Egypt

mmmmmmm I think the success of this marriage  depends mainly  on the harmony and respect  from both sides and their ability to sacrifice and the acceptance of the different culture of the other part

but for my personal choice I'll be happy with someone like me!!!!!!!

11:04 AM Jan 03 2011 |

imaginary-sj

Uzbekistan

Thanks Radunagi, Whitneys, Mony and Ryo!

Actually, I agree with you Radunagi that the couples involved in such relationships should be fully aware of what they are getting themselves into. Whitney's raised up a very important matter which is " Openness", it's true that both sides should be open and exposed to the cultures of each other. Of course Whitneys, mutual respect is essential and the core that holds the overall relationship. Mony, u mentioned Respect and Harmony , these two aspects can be considered as the fuel which help any marriage goes on and successful. I respect your personal opinion that u prefer someone who belongs to ur own culture, because that would make ur life smoother and without any slight complexities. Ryo, lol I like ur comment, it's like a piece of poetry, no race no religion nothing but love,  but I'd say that ur opinion is quite subjective because it doesn't take into consideration the realistic issues that couples of different cultures may go through…!

10:29 PM Jan 03 2011 |

mmarce

mmarce

Mexico

If you want a marriage be successful both have to be the same level imagine if in this form a couple always has problems now imagine with different religion or culture I think it would be very difficult, different believes, different ways to do things

11:17 PM Jan 03 2011 |

Bequer

Spain

it doesn´t matter… if you love a person you don´t care about these things…

12:18 AM Jan 04 2011 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Intermarriage only works when neither of the partners are serious about their religions.

I don't believe in it, either for Jews nor for people of any other religion.

Trying to raise a child in both does not work, and just leaves the child either confused, or with no sense or knowledge of either.

05:47 PM Jan 05 2011 |

imaginary-sj

Uzbekistan

Thanks all for ur precious comments!

I appreciate them all ^^ 

12:51 AM Jan 07 2011 |

Black_xs

Black_xs

Bahrain

as a person that hate these stuff i don't know but my friend think that they should not care about these things cuz no matter wt they love each other nd yew can't say " i don't want to love him\her cuz we r from different culture " love will not knock ur heart nd soul every day

09:23 PM Jan 11 2011 |