Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Science and Technology in Islam

Norei ..

Norei ..

Christmas Island

The Museum of Science and Technology in Islam ( MOSTI) is located in KAUST, the international university of Science and Technology located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia..and considered a modern "House of Wisdom".

University's Website  http://www.kaust.edu.sa/

The Museum celebrates the contributions of Muslim scholars to science and technology during the first Golden Age of Islam from the 7th to 17th century. These Muslim scholars include amongst them the great scientists, inventors, engineers, mathematicians and teachers of that time, such as Jabir ibn Hayyan, Abbas bin Firnas, al-Kindi, al-Razi, al-Jazari and Taqi al-Din. MOSTI demonstrates how their contributions shaped the world as we know it today and how their pioneering work laid the foundation for modern civilization. The benefits of their work are all around us today.

The exhibits in the Museum demonstrate that teaching and learning have been an important part of the Islamic way of life since the birth of Islam in the mid 7th century. MOSTI uses cutting edge technology to showcase the major contributions of Muslim scholars to science and technology during the first Golden Age of Islam. Modern interactive techniques, such as touch screens, moving plasma screens, multi-touch tables, flipbooks, automated scale models and interactive videos, have been used to tell the story of ancient science.

for more information about the interesting museum visit its website :D …you can also have a virtual tour :)

http://museum.kaust.edu.sa/

11:07 PM Feb 14 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Norei ..

Norei ..

Christmas Island

um, what does your comment has to do with the post? :)

02:36 AM Feb 15 2011 |

Norei ..

Norei ..

Christmas Island

Faith from
U.S.A.

May god always show me the right way, thanks for your comments….

arabhamid

Strong will is the key

thanks for your comment :) 

02:05 PM Feb 15 2011 |

Norei ..

Norei ..

Christmas Island

Alvinn, 

i did not talk as if nothing did not exist befor Islam, I only showed how people were in Islam…

where did Muslim scientist get their knowledge from? obviously not from god alone :D …from previous cultures of course like greek!

Faith, i'd rather be educated by science, and follow my own book, thank you :) 

10:10 PM Feb 15 2011 |

Norei ..

Norei ..

Christmas Island

dancin4108 it certainly is enjoyable!

thank you for your comment = ) 

06:51 PM Feb 18 2011 |

mindaqua

Pakistan

There are number of way to understand about Islam but technology is better because modern generation can early comprehend through it. Search Engine Optimization Service Karachi. Well interesting subject read and enjoyed a lot. Keep publishing exquisite subject like this.

10:39 AM Feb 04 2016 |