Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why ppl falls in love? What specially u see in others to fall in love?

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Why u fall in love?

If I can get the answer., maybe I'd understand why ppl suffer when our love has gone….maybe I should ask first: what is love?? .....OMG.. somebody help me, this is damn difficult to understand!!

07:42 PM Mar 20 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

praee

praee

Turkey

yes absolutaley…i agree…but it is not like that always…there are people who have no mask also…whom you wont have to look for the behind of the mask…but if we speak for the general, i totally agree with you..

12:04 AM Mar 22 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

lol, no Lori, is ok, Im really glad u participate in this forum, coz of ur interesting contributions, as the definition of person, wow, yes, I think human being is so easy to be deceived, but not God.

Praee, and Lori, Ryo, thank u very very much for ur comments :)

02:28 AM Mar 22 2011 |

praee

praee

Turkey

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."  

but she doesnt want us to stop writing Lori :) but if we are gonna end, that is the most appropriate sentence to end ;)

You are welcome Nicte ha.. :)

10:15 AM Mar 22 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Very very interesting sentence praee,

As well I found some important info, I would like to share:

03:48 PM Mar 22 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Why We Fall in Love?

The mutual attraction is one of the main factors for humans who search love.
The main qualities that people wish in a partner, determine to whom we are attracted to and what strategies are effective to attract the desired person.
All around the world usually people look for kind, understanding, intelligent, reliable, emotionally stable, undemanding, attractive and healthy persons. However, cultures differ greatly in the importance they give to certain qualities. For example, virginity is a quality virtually indispensable to almost all Chinese, but irrelevant to the majority of Swedes and Dutch.

Men around the world give more importance to youth and physical attractiveness qualities recognized as important signs of fertility and future reproductive potential of women. Women everywhere want ambitious men, whith a decent social status, resources or having the potential to acquire and usually they prefer few years older than them, because throughout human history, the children of women has survived and thrived best when the woman has chosen a rich man, committed to invest his resources in his family.

Usually the intelligent and educated people tend to marry people with whom they can share their ideas. Usually attractive and sexy people, look for attractive and sexy couples.

It has no sense to insist on the mistakes in the beloved partner when we fall in love, In fact, a recent study indicates that most people manifest the "dream lover" over-optimistic about their chances of marital success. So, love can blind us in two ways: first, allowing us to conform to someone who does not look like our fantasy of the ideal, and second, making us optimistic about the future of our romance, and thus increasing the likelihood of actually succeed.

The evolutionary economist Robert Frank says that love is the solution to the problem of commitment: If we chose our partner for rational reasons, She or he, could leave us for the same rational reasons to find someone slightly more desirable according to its criteria "rational."
But love is stronger than rationality. It is the emotion that ensures that our partners will not leave when I came across someone more desirable.
Love is the opium of the body and the mind, that tells us that the adaptive problem of mate selection, sexual satisfaction, devotion and loyalty has been resolved successfully. The payment is that, as time past, the drug is losing strength. Some ppl use then the train of "hedonism", in the continuing searching for ecstasy that produces the love, and that take them to repeat the behaviour, always searching new achievements to have once more the delirium, although it never reachs the same intensity.

03:49 PM Mar 22 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Impact:

Where there are desires for love, we can find also a desire to manipulate it.

Men deceive women about the intensity of their love to get sex rewards in short period of time.

As well, women, meanwhile, have developed defenses against sexual exploitation, for example by a long courtship process before consenting to sex, attempting to detect deception and developing a superior ability to interpret nonverbal cues.

When love finish

To became out of love has many dark faces. The hit can be physically dangerous for women and psychologically traumatic for both sexes.

Usually the men who are rejected by the woman they love, often end up in emotionally mistreat and sometimes physically too.

Even some abandoned men endind up having even homicidal fantasies.

The same way evolution has installed reward mechanisms that inundate us with pleasure when we successfully matched, maybe we have also equipped with mechanisms that give painful when we fail in our attempts to form a stable partner.

http://www.portalplanetasedna.com.ar/ciencia01.htm

03:50 PM Mar 22 2011 |

praee

praee

Turkey

i ve learned that sentence from Lori :)

04:29 PM Mar 22 2011 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

yes, she is the clear example that shows us,  that beautiful ppl can be also very intelligent like she is :)

04:51 PM Mar 22 2011 |

praee

praee

Turkey

yes you are right :))

05:42 PM Mar 22 2011 |

gabrie575

Nigeria

to me may said that luv is natural so if ppl should in fall in luv wit someone else ,i think there notin wrong that some may fall bcos of hw the see luver do which attracted them to do so u no.so a normal thing lyke richer wit lover so deep urself in someone’s love.

11:00 PM Mar 22 2011 |