Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

In America, Fat is the New 'Normal'

mygreentree

China

full story

if you are from the states, just look around you, do you notice the clothes you buy are seem to all be wider than they were years ago? it's liking the clothing companies are leaving extra space for all the flab. lol

an american once wrote, "...that's because we are a nation of fat asses."

of course fat will never be a new normal, IMO, however, fat people are free to think fat is the new slim.

07:43 AM Aug 10 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mygreentree

China

i suppose that the fact that most american food (especially meat products) is loaded with growth hormones and those hormones enter the human body when eaten has absolutely nothing to do with this phenomenon.

so if we keep on eating this meat contained growth hormones, china will be the next fattie nation.  

02:51 AM Aug 13 2007 |

mygreentree

China

They don't?:O

I have seen some rotund beer bellies that can really pack it away.

maybe im wrong, but i feel vaguely that the main component of fat is water. :D so fatter the man is, less water he needs. 

But back to the bright side. If your spouse is a chubby, you'll be warm in the winter and shaded in the summer.:D

that's one of reasons i like those fatties. :D

09:00 AM Aug 14 2007 |

mygreentree

China

Are you sure HGH is what you are worried about? My concern is steroids, antibiotics, nitrites and just the fact red meat is not a good source of protein. It is a good source of fat though.

it would be good for us to stop eating all kinds of meat, i suppose, or we would only eat those animals that we hunt in the woods. :D 

09:07 AM Aug 14 2007 |