Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

to love?or to be loved?and why??

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

If you had a choice to love or be loved,what would it be?

To love means to feel a happiness you never felt before but also to endure all the pain of this world! To love is to cry,to smile,to laugh,to be jealouse,to think and sometimes to even feel pain!
To love is a powerful feeling that can either destroy you or make you a better person!
To be loved is wonderful! To have someone that cares for you,has faith and hope in you,never gives up on you and is always there for you is something that everyone wishs for! To be loved might fulfill you or might make you feel empty? To be loved but not love in return might leave you feeling numb for you are getting all the care and attention from someone but you never felt any of these things for anyone.You only felt emptiness ! To feel is important but you are numb to emotions and feelings,because you simply do not love !

So my question is,if you had only one choice to make which would it be
To love? Or be loved? and why did you pick the answer you did?

08:12 AM Aug 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

hi everyone

nice to shere with me

i agree with some people

thanxx

02:36 PM Aug 13 2007 |

spasmodic

China

I completely agree with you!

You know every thing has two sides and it is true when we talk about love.The problem that annoys us is  how much we love or to be loved.Of course we feel happy when we are loved and usually in turn we will gradually fall in love with the one naturally.Weather it is true love I do not know.

weanwhile, when we are around with love ,the power of love in our bottom of heart is growing surprisingly.And it may take we to another place…  

03:01 PM Aug 13 2007 |

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

thanx my dear

i wanna choise both coz. if one of them we don`t have

there is no love

love must be between two whom love each other and also understand each other

that my mind

thhhhhhhhhhhhhhanx

03:21 PM Aug 13 2007 |

danny_lary

danny_lary

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i agree with spasmodic. and this topic reminds me a love story I had in which we shifted the role of the lover and non-lover every month.

03:25 PM Aug 13 2007 |

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

thanx my dear

i hope u enjoy with this topic

and it was usefull

thnx agin

03:42 PM Aug 13 2007 |

foremap

Taiwan

I think I would choose to love.

Like you said ,to be loved by someone but you can't love her ,which is too empty for me and make me feel there is no any means to survive in the world.

Love someone can give me enough emotion to do anything for her. I would not obtain any return, however, when I see the smile on her face, I think it is enough.     

04:09 PM Aug 13 2007 |

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

nice answer

but u will feel pain when u know she doesn`t love u as u do.

thanx alot..

05:38 PM Aug 13 2007 |

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

yes

love giving not taking..

but we must caer about each other

thanx

06:58 PM Aug 13 2007 |

oxanna

oxanna

Moldova, Republic Of

i choose to love, because in this way i will be the single person who'll suffer in case the person doesn't share the same feeling. Because I know if I'll choose to be loved this will mean to suffer because another person suffers…

07:44 AM Aug 14 2007 |

moonshinel

moonshinel

China

I think that  answer this question is very difficult.If you don't love him ,How can face him?everyday ,you face a man that you dont love him at all.how to communicate? pay attention to please,he is not your friend ,you must treat him that  will be your hundband .If find a one who you love him ,but he love you? If he love you ,you also love him ,now ,i think that a good thing .but if he dont love you ,i think it must be made all not happy.so i think ,choise the one ,you love him .he also love you .

The last.   Everybody,Everything goes well!

08:13 AM Aug 14 2007 |