Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

to love?or to be loved?and why??

stand by me

Saudi Arabia

If you had a choice to love or be loved,what would it be?

To love means to feel a happiness you never felt before but also to endure all the pain of this world! To love is to cry,to smile,to laugh,to be jealouse,to think and sometimes to even feel pain!
To love is a powerful feeling that can either destroy you or make you a better person!
To be loved is wonderful! To have someone that cares for you,has faith and hope in you,never gives up on you and is always there for you is something that everyone wishs for! To be loved might fulfill you or might make you feel empty? To be loved but not love in return might leave you feeling numb for you are getting all the care and attention from someone but you never felt any of these things for anyone.You only felt emptiness ! To feel is important but you are numb to emotions and feelings,because you simply do not love !

So my question is,if you had only one choice to make which would it be
To love? Or be loved? and why did you pick the answer you did?

08:12 AM Aug 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

little elephant

United States

I am under a situation that I love a boy but a boy loves my friend. The boy knows I love him so he chooses to be with me but at the same time he contacts my friend much more than me. I refuse him though I ever love him.

I told him though I loved him but I loved myself more.

The result is he wants to choose to be loved by me, and I also choose to be loved by others.

I can't accept that he wants to be with me just because he wants to be loved but my friend refused him.

I am not sad because I deserve better boy.

I choose to be loved and to love. If I have to choose one, I will choose to be loved.

06:56 AM Sep 24 2009 |