Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

..if there was just only religion in the world..

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

I was wondering about this personal question but I don’t find a sure answer.

...perhaps it would be better.

What do you think would happen?

Would be better or worse? 

11:19 AM Dec 14 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

I think more important is to be the seeker without prejudice, bigotry and partiality. Even only that much would be enough! What’s inside the hearts of heart is evident only to Almighty Creator, we can cheat on any one but not on Him. 

Practically that’s not possible as everyone is having different environment, upbringing and habits. Awareness is more important to end differentiation on the basis of countries, tribes, religions and zones. 

I hope to learn that much would be enough to live in peace. 

12:07 PM Dec 14 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Good example Ryo, I do agree totally!

Tolerance is the core of learning but at the same time the freedom of speech too should indicate inquiry rather provocative opposition. 

Our listening nerves are very active and detect the intention of speaker. If someone oppose for the sake of provocation than definitely the outcome would be provocative, so there should also be the proper use and ethics for addressing as well. By using good communication skills we can end many conflicts. We have to decide whether we are for winning the argument or in favor of reaching to agreement acceptable to both sides.

Negotiation requires skill and ability which they don’t teach at schools! 

12:39 PM Dec 14 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

Ryo, I think that Cristal means that there are more and more Religions but just only a God. Your God is my God even if we call him differently but this is another topic.

Butterfly, I agree with you, probably it would be better if there was NO religions, but humans need to have a religious wire to follow and, if there was no religions, people would find others topics to argue. It’s part of us. It’s simpler to argue than to love each other…

Why? I really don’t know this.

04:57 AM Dec 15 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Religion is not only important but as well need to be restore to actual essence. I have no doubt that without religion, lust and greed for more will destroy the very foundation of humanity and I hardly believe anyone would survive.
Religion wasn’t man made but with the passage of time man invented new things into religions for gaining political and material power and now religions are only in names while the essence is scarce. This world can never end till the last of such scarce is lost.
If now religions are blamed for control than that control is man made, as same in nature as that of those governments which want to control the world through bully and manipulation, they show exactly the blunders of limited but they turn a deaf ear on mass scale blunders committed by themselves.
The boundaries of extremism is everywhere but more evident there where media lights headlight while not highlighting there where they don’t have any interest.
The world would be better place without both: power hungry governments and mentioned pseudo-political religious.

06:57 AM Dec 15 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

...anyway, it would only a Religion for all, with the same God, same uses and costumes, based from the each other love.

Who knows, it could be better.. 

02:15 PM Dec 16 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

Obedience? yes, what a pity no one hear it! 

what do you think SIAF, it would be better to have only a religion for all of us or no religion at all?

03:54 PM Dec 16 2011 |

famil

famil

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Obedience, i think is the best best word to explain religion. in my idea spirit of most of religions are 1. they are the same, but different religions, because of different situations.

there is a sentence in quran that refer to all religions as one, and that’s name is islam.all of them bring us to ourselves , bring us to our God. judaism, christianity,or islam , come from God.

but in reply of ( no religion in the world) i should say, think about not having gravity!!! what would happen? a very regulare world is going to a magnificant aim. without religion , does it happen? just as physics rules, that without them, there is no progress.

04:08 PM Dec 16 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

famil . they are the same, but different religions, because of different situations

this is the propblem, God is one and only one, but religions are too much and different situations makes up problems among different people

04:23 PM Dec 16 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

I agree with you Ryo, Religions were born with humanity

04:24 PM Dec 16 2011 |

Alejandro81

Colombia

I think things would be much easier if there was only one religion, cuz our ways of thinking and our culture would be similar. But this is not desirable, is part of the human nature to be different, to develop different cultures, different ways of think and act, different languages, etc

I believe in God, and I think the challenge we have in life is learn to live with the difference, and learn how to make societies where all our differences can be accepted and celebrated in peace. Sounds kind of utopic, but is possible 

11:21 AM Dec 17 2011 |