Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you know sth about 2012?

amir.arsalan 74

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Do u agree or disagree the 2012 is the end of the world??

i don’t think anyone can predict the future?

• what’s you’re opinion??Frown I scare…........

03:08 PM Jan 22 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

( يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ السَّاعَةِ أَيَّانَ مُرْسهَا (42) فِيمَ أَنتَ مِن ذِكْرَاهَا (43) إِلَى رَبّكَ مُنتَهَـهَا (44) إِنَّمَا أَنتَ مُنذِرُ مَن يَخْشَـهَا )

03:37 PM Jan 22 2012 |

Sphenothalami

Syrian Arab Republic

I just want to say, that our duty is to work, it is no matter when the Last Hour will come, here is a translation for the prvious verses, which was posted by my brother zamalek,

The Timing of the Last Hour 

“They question you about the Last Hour, when will  it come to pass? But why should you be concerned with its exact timing? The final word concerning it belongs to your Lord. Your mission is merely to warn those who fear it. On the day when they see that hour, it will seem to them that their life on earth had no more than one evening or one morning” (Verses 42-46 chapter:79) 

Every time the diehards among the pagan Arabs heard a description of the fearful events of the Day of Judgement, and the reckoning which then takes place, they used to ask the Prophet (peace be upon him) to specify its time: “When will it come to pass?” The answer given here to such questions takes the form of a rhetorical question, “But why should you be concerned with its exact timing?”  (Verse 43) It is an answer which suggests that the Last Hour, or the Day of  Judgement, is so great and majestic that the questions put by the unbelievers concerning it sound stupid and pitiful. 

Moreover, such questions are only put forward by the impudent. The great Prophet himself is asked, “Why should you be concerned with its exact timing?” It is so great that neither you nor anyone else should ask to be informed of its exact time. This knowledge belongs to God alone, not to anybody else.  “The final word concerning it belongs to your Lord.” He is the Master of everything which relates to it. The Prophet’s own duties, and the limits he should not, and need not exceed are well defined:  “Your mission is merely to warn those who fear it.”  He is to warn those who will benefit by such warnings.  Such people will then live according to their firm belief that it will arrive at the time appointed by God. 

The majesty and awe of the Last Hour is explained through the description of its effects on men’s feelings and the comparison that is drawn between its duration and the length of this present life. 
“On the day when they see that hour, it will  seem to them that their life on earth had no more than one evening or one morning”  It so grips the soul that our present life with all its epics, events and luxuries will seem to those who lived them shorter than a single day, just one evening or one morning. So, the whole world, its centuries and generations will shrink to nothing longer than a morning or an evening in the sight of the very people who quarrel and fight for it, preferring it to their share in the life to come. Yet for such passing  enjoyment they abandon the hereafter and forego the certain prospect of dwelling in  paradise. This is definitely the greatest stupidity of all, which no man who has ears to hear and eyes to see can ever perpetrate.

06:49 PM Jan 22 2012 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

Sphenothal
ami

agreed with you

we must work and do what we have to do only because you cant change anything if it was the end or not …only work and pray and do what you have to do

amir.arsal
an 74

may be you just see the hollywood movie (2012) it is very good movie but it still amovie

10:39 PM Jan 22 2012 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

Don’t worry December 21, 2012 is only the end of the Maya Calender cycle….

Don’t have fear, make a huge celebration, like the ancient Mayas it did,at this end of a cycle!

a geogolist told me the world will exist many billion of years, guess this is enough time even for the young englishbaby friendsSmile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

01:35 PM Jan 23 2012 |

amir.arsalan 74

thanks evey body for ure commentsKiss

05:04 PM Jan 23 2012 |

Gary Skyner

Poland

I feel positive about 2012 so it won’t be the end of my world:)

12:49 PM Jan 26 2012 |

Nkjones25

Nkjones25

United States

There is no doomsday. i’m not me duty is god. A countdown to my death else and everyone.

02:08 PM Feb 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

Dear friend!

I think it is not important which year would be the last year of the universe. The important question would be “how we are ready to see the end of the universe?”

Regards

Sina

04:12 PM Feb 17 2012 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

u r gonna die after all <.< .Tongue out

04:23 AM Feb 18 2012 |