Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Flight attendant

Venusflytrap

Ukraine

Is there anybody here who works as flight attendant? How did u find this job? Was the casting hard?Do u like/dislike your job? Why?

11:08 AM Aug 05 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

idiomkkk

India

Hi! I do not think it is hard to get through you just need good  

english and that’s it. You are ready to be a Flight Attendent!!!!!!!!!

11:40 AM Aug 05 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

I did this once. Fun job. I’d suggest you be single, good at dealing with people and love travel. I say single because to make it pay you need to fly more than not. Which is fine if you are single, the airline will pay your hotel and food while you travel so you keep more pay. You can rent a crash pad with others for the times when you are home. Because the people who share a crash pad also fly, theres rarely a time when everyone is home so you can rent to more people than there really is room for. If you had family you’d have time issues eventually. I flew domestic for that reason. International is the big show. You’ll see the world. It wasn’t hard to get hired but there is quite a bit of training before you fly. I think it’s easier to start domestic and move to international routes. Good luck.

04:38 PM Aug 05 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

crash pad – an apartment rented by employees of an airline so they have a place to live when they are at their home base airport. (airlines wont get you a hotel room at your home base)

04:42 PM Aug 05 2012 |