Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What do you know about Russia?

grandmeister

Russian Federation

I have recently been tormented by the questionSmile How many know about the Russia people abroad? Tell us what you know about the Russian and Russian cultureSmile

02:05 PM Aug 20 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ola33

ola33

Japan

I don’t live in Russia anymore, use to. But pretty sure, by the shows, Russia is different now that it used to be before the Soviet Union collapsed. So let’s wait for the Russian to fill us in what’s going on there. I like Russian quisine. I like Russian friendly people, Russian winters. Our nespapers get us to speed about Russian news, about Pussy Rite Riot and their arrest and sentencing to 2 years.

02:24 PM Aug 20 2012 |

grandmeister

Russian Federation

Yes, the trial Pussy Riot – it’s a failure of Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church. In fact, many Christians support Pussy, in contrast to the official church. The government clearly showed that the church has the real power in society… Outside view of the state has been replaced, but inside many of the Soviet. No wonder Putin – comes from the KGB. He suppresses dissatisfied with their political inquisition, and the feelings of believers – a cover. I have mixed feelings about this, but the most powerful – anger, hatred and resentment.

02:46 PM Aug 20 2012 |

ola33

ola33

Japan

Well, I have mixed feelings too. As many of my collegues were puzzled at what the draw at the bridge in St. Petersburge and the participation of the pregnant one in the Orgy at the museum. But it’s still not the reason to sentence them. The church started the case and then, when it saw it went to far up to 7 years, began to renege on its request.

03:05 PM Aug 20 2012 |

grandmeister

Russian Federation

I have heard that many Chinese are now studying RussianSmile

05:42 PM Aug 20 2012 |

adrianasparvolli

Brazil

I watched a tv show that the guy was going to the coldest part of Russia. It was so cold, but so cold, that his camera and cell phone broke because of the cold weather; they showed some cities, some Russian fashion… that was really interesting!

03:23 AM Oct 03 2012 |

ola33

ola33

Japan

Yes, it’s cold in Russia.. in winter. But it’s tolerable. The winds are not strong. And fashionable fur coats are available. Russian winter is awesome. Winter’s coming, hooray!! Hopefully the cold one this year ;)

03:27 AM Oct 03 2012 |

and what?

and what?

Russian Federation

In fact, many Christians support Pussy, in contrast to the official church.

Most of Christian Russians have the opinion that these bitches should be  publically executed in order  to have the glory they seeked.

04:06 PM Oct 06 2012 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

I don’t wanna speak about Pussy Riot, tired of too many talkings around about that…

I just wanna tell you about weather..

The most of foreigners thingk that is very cold in Russia. But our country is large.

I live in the South. Here we have not cold winter, rather warm, though, sometimes it’s snowing and windy too. The summer rather hot here. And now we have a warm Fall, +18C.

03:02 PM Oct 10 2012 |