Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is going on in Turkey?

angel_ eyes

Pakistan

Turkey is always close to our hearts. 

It always helped us, whether it was earth quake or flood(s). There help is not something like US Aid, for reasons. Turkey is for us just like a big brother. 

I just wanna know is everything OK over there?

News are not giving good picture.

07:34 AM Jun 06 2013 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Idriss

Idriss

Morocco

most of turkish people support erdogan, there hv been mass demonstrations in support of erdogan that were not portrayed by the usual media.

10:20 PM Jun 12 2013 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

what will happen if ardogan supporters insist to support him in building this building in taksim what will happen ??

if he continuous to make it, at least he will not be remember to claim to history.cause, history is not claimed like this.

u also pay taxes at the time of secular govenment before ardogan

yes, there were protests also beforetime.

as the scruf girls dont allowed to enter the universities and there are many problems with kurds

they protest about these subjects also. Tayyip’s condition is hard.

He must get used to it.

And because of protests, Erdoğan have a talk with demonstrations recently.

i mean, protest works.

i think democracy is the solution u have electio n go and fall ardogan in election

yes, election is solution but election is a beginning for democracy.              

Should prime ministers make only their supporters’ demands always?

Aren’t his dissidents are citizen of Turkey?     

Make sure, if he continues to make only his own decisions,is it democracy?

Shouldn’t demand these people anything?

i think the muslim countries fall behind in gaining rights because they dont know their right from one way and the other way.

yes, i agree.

Also, if some leaders talk with religion so much, they say, we make evrything for Islam, then we suppose , they are real muslım. we don’t want to see their wrongs. We want to believe in that they will not never make mistake. we suppose, they know the best. We support them like keeping the team.

06:38 PM Jun 13 2013 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

That is aphoto for supporter of your govenment .u have opinion and the others have opinion if there aview like this in turkey i think the democracy is the solution not the crowded and supporters or protests because this photo and polarization like this may cause mess and caios so i think in case of acountry like turkey u have strong democracy and fair elections u can depend on

Iam one of the youth in egypt that participate in the 25th revolution against mubarak the dictator regime and i participate in protests so iam not against protests but we in egypt have protests because there was no fiar election ,no fair democracy and the dictator sit and keep power for 30 years so we in egypt have revolution to get our rights back in choosing our president 

but when there is democracy and election protests isnt agood way that is my opinion :)

03:06 PM Jun 15 2013 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

(Also, if some leaders talk with religion so much, they say, we make evrything for Islam, then we suppose , they are real muslım. we don’t want to see their wrongs. We want to believe in that they will not never make mistake. we suppose, they know the best. We support them like keeping the team.)

Everyone have mistakes and we all humans do rights and do wronge .

u said we support them like keeping ateam that is called   polarization  

that isnt right in normal cases but in case of some try to finish the existance of others i can understand this 

03:18 PM Jun 15 2013 |