Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

looking for someone to learn together

Scarlet179

Scarlet179

China

Hi ,everyone.I am a girl who are really fond of English.And I want to find someone to learn together with me and share our learning experience.So ,will you join me ?

03:09 AM Apr 30 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Scarlet179

Scarlet179

China

sorry ,guys ,i am quite busy nowadays as i have to prepare for my final exams.but i do hope we can get in touch with each other and exchange our learning experience and make progress together.my yahoom is scarlet0179,you can send me emaila to liudan179atsinadotcom.hope for your reply.by the way,sinqhpr ,i can’t see your email adress,maybe you can write is as the way i write,ok.see you soon.

01:24 PM May 16 2006 |

ahadi

ahadi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I hope you have a good exam Scarlet179
Mostafa from iran

04:06 AM May 17 2006 |

Scarlet179

Scarlet179

China

Laughingthank you ,mostata.i  will try my best to do it .enjoy your  study.

12:52 AM May 20 2006 |

Scarlet179

Scarlet179

China

Love Experience Of Two Harvard Students 
Relationships are a huge part of the college experience. People are constantly meeting, dating or breaking up. Whatever your stance(姿态,态度) on relationships is, there are certain advantages and disadvantages to both sides. Some brave Harvard students have agreed to share their stories and heartaches for the benefit of us all.
   Juniors Alix Gerz and Pat O’Rourke met their freshman year, but have only recently become an official couple. “We tried just being friends for a while, but it just didn’t work,” says Gerz. “We got attached relatively quickly, and we’ve been together since March.”
   “Looking back over the past 6 months, everything’s going good,” said O’Rourke. “We’re just taking it one day at a time.”
   Some common problems in college relationships are issues such as busy and conflicting schedules(日程表), temptations(诱惑)to be with other people and the feeling of lacking independence and being tied down.
   O’Rourke and Gerz feel these hurdles(障碍)are easily overcome with a little effort from both sides. “We’re sympathetic to each other’s schedules, so it’s usually not hard to find time together. And we live close by, both at home and on campus, so that helps too,” said Gerz.
   “Communication is the most important thing,” advises O’Rourke. “You have to have complete honesty and always try to be aware of the other person’s feelings.”
   On the occasion that quality time is running scarce(没有见面的时间时), these two keep the love fires burning by keeping in touch through e-mail messages, phone calls and the occasional handwritten note. “Both of us go out of our way to show how much we care,” said O’Rourke

11:54 AM May 20 2006 |

monem

Egypt

i  agree it is good idea

04:48 PM May 20 2006 |

Scarlet179

Scarlet179

China

hi,everyone ,long time no see,how is everything?i just finished two  exams yesterday. what about your  lives?is  there anything interesting happen to you or  your country?maybe  we can share somthing about it with others.

08:16 AM May 25 2006 |

Scarlet179

Scarlet179

China

the world up  is  coming ,will you guys watch it ?

03:13 AM May 27 2006 |

ahadi

ahadi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi Scarlet

I hope you to pass your remained exam very well. My wife is pregnant these days and we are waiting to see our boy. Every day we speak about him. Time passes very  slow for us. This is my special event in our life these days. By the way would you please tell me a brief about World up?

06:04 AM May 27 2006 |

spiderman104

Turkey

A man came home from work late again, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

Daddy, may I ask you a question?
"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.
Daddy, how much money doyou make an hour?"

"That's none of your business.What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.
"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"pleaded the little boy.
If you must know, I make ?20.00 an hour."
"Oh," the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said,

"Daddy,may I borrow ?10.00 please?"
The father was furious. "If the only reason you wanted to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense,then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don'thave time for such childish games."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that ?10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often.

The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
"Are you asleep son?" he asked.
"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.
"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man.
"It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you.
Here's that ?10.00 you asked for."
The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy" he yelled.
Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money,started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.
"Why did you want more money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.
"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.
"Daddy, I have ?20.00 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?"
 _ _ _ _ _
Share this incident with someone you like…but even better, share ?20.00 worth of time with someone you love. Just a short reminder to all of us working so hard for our living. However, let us not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some "quality time" with those who really matter to us.  

09:45 PM May 29 2006 |

Scarlet179

Scarlet179

China

ahadi ,thanks for your  caring about my exams.and i am really glad to be informed that you will be a  father.that must be great.congratulations!and don't forget to give  your wife my regards,ok?

talking about world  cup ,i don't know much about it .you know,we chinese are not very good at  it .and last time,we lost completely.however,this year,we don't even get a  chance to enter it.but anyway ,it doesn't matter.so dowhich team do you support?

11:07 AM Jun 01 2006 |