Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you know why some of us invite new friends and don't talk with them?

Unanna

Unanna

Russian Federation

I really can't understand WHY some of us here invite someone as a friend and don't talk with her/him? Does anyone have the same question or not? Please explain me why is it so if you know… Does anyone delete such persons from the list of friends?

07:25 PM Nov 07 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

radheshy

radheshy

India

Smilehi as for as i think mostly we r from different time zones so our working hours are different when in your country you'd be enjoying a sunny day in some countries it may be midnight but i think a relation is not  a joy only its a responsiblity too . when i talk about myself i'm very caring  to my friends any of my friends can'tLaughing blam me this kind of thig , i hope no i believe Surprised

05:22 PM Nov 08 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

"A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face"Smile

05:33 PM Nov 08 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

InnocentIn first grade your idea of a good friend was the person who counted the slowest for you when it was your turn at the water fountain.

In second grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you stand up to the class bully.

In third grade your idea of a good friend was the person who shared their lunch with you when you forgot yours on the bus.

In fourth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who was willing to switch square dancing partners in gym so you wouldn't have to be stuck do-si-doing with Nasty Nick or Smelly Susan.

In fifth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who saved a seat on the back of the bus for you.

In sixth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who went up to Nick or Susan, your new crush, and asked them to dance with you, so that is they said "no" you wouldn't have to be embarrassed.

In seventh grade your idea of a good friend was the person who let you copy the Social Studies homework from the night before that you had.

In eighth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you pack up your stuffed animals and old baseball stuff, but didn't laugh when you finished and burst into tears.

In ninth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who would go to a party thrown by a senior so you wouldn't wind up being the only freshman there.

In tenth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who changed their schedule so you would still have someone to sit with at lunch.

In eleventh grade your idea of a good friend was the person who gave you rides in their new car, convinced your parents that you shouldn't be grounded, counseled you when you broke up with Nick or Susan, and found you a date to the prom.

In twelfth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you pick out a college/university, assured you that you would get in, and helped you deal with your parents who where having a hard time adjusting to letting you go.

At graduation your idea of a good friend was the person who was crying on the inside, but managed the biggest smile one could give as they congratulated you on all you had achieved.

The summer after graduation your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you clean up the bottles from that party, helped you sneak out of the house when you just couldn't deal with your parents, assured you that now you and Nick or Susan were back together you could make it through anything. Helped you pack up for college and just silently hugged you as you looked through misty eyes back at 18 years of memories you where going to leave behind. Finally, on those last days of childhood, went out of their way to give you reassurance that you would make it in college as well as you had the past 18 years, and most importantly, sent you off knowing you were loved.

Now your idea of a good friend is still the person who gives you the better of the two choices, holds your hand when you’re scared, helps you fight off those who try to bring you down, thinks of you at times when you are not there, reminds you of what you have forgotten, helps you put the past behind you but understand when you need to hold onto it for just a bit longer, stays with you so that you have confidence, goes out of their way to make time for you, helps you clear up your mistakes, and most of all, lets you know that you will always be loved.        LaughingSurprisedWinkSmileLaughing

05:40 PM Nov 08 2007 |

Unanna

Unanna

Russian Federation

Hi again! Thank all of you for your answers and for your smiles! Smile And for the wonderful words that some of you said here :)))

But I would say that I still have the answer for this question undefined as I don't believe that this is caused only by poor English. I am sure if anyone send request for new friend, they can send after apporal short message something about "Hi. My name is.. Let's talk. My e-mail…" but they don't. So please don't tell me that it is poor language. I don't believe in it.

I understand that we have different time zone but again is it so difficult to answer to the letter of your e-baby friend any other time which is suitible for you…

And situation when new friends don't reply to your message is not appropriate, I would say. Just say hi. yes/no. That is. But there is no reaction. It's not good. Let's don't think about quantity of friends but about quality of them!

07:56 PM Nov 10 2007 |

Vinit$G

Vinit$G

India

Hi dear.
Its your thinking about your friend. But dont you think do you know your friends timing could be changed. Dear i wait 4 you always. But you come late. What can i do just i can wait 4 you. I am not like those friends who use to talk first time too lot after some time they forget that they have friend also. Because i need a good friend always. so Dont forget it.
Ok
take care bye dear
have a happiest day.

11:54 AM Nov 11 2007 |

aysgrl

aysgrl

Ukraine

ı thınk they find another friends and prefer answering them.if you want i can be your friend:)

01:42 PM Nov 11 2007 |

aysgrl

aysgrl

Ukraine

ı thınk they find another friends and prefer answering them.if you want i can be your friend:)

01:42 PM Nov 11 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

Mostly whenever i get any mail i try to reply at the moment what if my friends only when write to me when they get my mail how many times only i should write . I’m very fond of wise words . And you’Ve any just add to my profile or do write to you’d not believe so fast you’ll be replied .
Keep smiling

02:52 PM Nov 11 2007 |

Vinit$G

Vinit$G

India

Hi again.
When i request to anyone 4 friendship than they dont want to reply before getting 4 or 5 times mail from me. Some times they want to reply only one time just 4 formality. Dont mind it be cause i am not saying about all friends. Sometimes some one had sent me friend request than i accepted that. Now where are they i dont know. May be they can forget us but i cant. Be cause i am here to make friends to become world wide to share all things. If they dont reply me than what to with it. Just nothing. Be acouse i can wait 4 them. I know might be they would have any problem or else. Doesnt matter. And they will come. In my thinking that we are not going to see each other always. But friendship should be by heart. There is no need to talk a lot to meet regularly. Just we should feel it from bottom of our heart. And i like my friends UNANNA be cause she has lot of work but she talk to me regularly. Sometime she get tire but she doesnt forget to talk me. I like her and my all friends.
Thanks.Keep smiling.:)

05:03 PM Nov 11 2007 |

Vinit$G

Vinit$G

India

Hi once again
dear friends hope you are not getting bore.
Last time i couldnt complete my words so again i am here. If you would have any problem than sorry sorry. Be cause my english is not as good as like you. Hope dont mind. Here we go. I was talking about friendship. Its a best relation be cause in friendship we can talk about every thing and you wont feel bore.
So friendship is like a elastic it will be only stretch. It wont break.
Ok.
Thanks dear friends 4 your time.
Keep smiling.:)

05:27 PM Nov 11 2007 |