Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Soccer World Cup 2006: What is your favorite team? - Who will win the cup?

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

Hey,

lets talk about the soccer  cup, your favorite team and your opinion about the possible cup winner.

I support Germany and England (a lot more Germany but also a bit England). But I don't really think that both of them have only few chances to win the cup. 

My tip is Brasil…what is yours? 

12:47 PM May 24 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

I suggest, that Argentina is has also a very good team. Most of their players are playing for some of the best teams in Europe. So they also have a very big chance to win the cup. Last time they had no luck and droped out after the preliminary round. But this time I assume they will reach further rounds and maybe the final.

About Oliver Kahn: I don't think that he is a better keeper than Jens Lehmann. They both have their advantages and they have different skills. Jens Lehmann fits a bit better in the team than Oliver Kahn.I don't thik that it was a decision only depending on sympathy  – not only the German coach likes Lehmann a bit more. 

I hope, that Lehmann doesn't have to face a situation like in the CL-Final a few weeks ago. 

10:50 AM May 31 2006 |

Rita Reis

Rita Reis

Brazil

HI PICPIC

I WILL WATCH THE GAME AT HOME WITH MY FAMILY, SOME FRIENDS, LOTS OF POPCORN, SODA AND OF COURSE BEER.... MANY PEOPLE HERE GO TO BARS WITH FRIENDS AND DRINK A LOT, SHOUTING BRAZIL , SAYING BAD WORDS ALL THE TIME. IT'S A MESS , A GOOD ONE HAHAHAHA.DID U SEE BRAZIL X LUC? 8X 0?

MOST OF PEOPLE HERE WON'T WORK ON THESE DAYS BELIEVE ME. I'M A TEACHER AND ALL MY STUDENTS HAVE TOLD ME THEY WONT COME TO MY CLASSES

HI HABOUBA,

I'M SO SORRY FOR UR BOYFRIEND!!!! YEAH ARGENTINA IS ONE OF MOST DIFFICULT TEAM BRAZIL HAD TO PLAY. OUR GREAT ADVERSARY ALSO.HOPE WE CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME WATCHING THEM PLAYING. AND MAY WIN THE BEST!

UM ABRAÇO BRASILEIRO PRÁ TODOS!!!!

BRAZILIAN HUGS FOR ALL !!!!!

04:08 PM May 31 2006 |

habouba

Lebanon

Hi rita

Thank you …. hope argentina and brazil play good and go to final …. because they are the best ….

05:22 AM Jun 01 2006 |

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

Italy was one of my favorites too. But I think after the troubles about the cheating and corruption affair they won't win the cup. They can't concentrate on soccer anymore after that. 

But maybe they will surprise me and will be strong though all that trouble.

09:56 AM Jun 01 2006 |

Rita Reis

Rita Reis

Brazil

ITALY…..I don't know if they will win.

But they are the most charming, handsome and gorgeous players of the world cup.

All brazilian women have the same opinion. sorry i know this is not for that….but i'ts world cup also….hehehehe

07:31 PM Jun 02 2006 |

Magnimma

Magnimma

Germany

I don't think that Italy will win, too!!!!  Perhaps they are good but not so good!          

And besides -Read-Actor – now I think that germany can win because of they won 3:0 against Canada yesterday and they had played very well!!!!!!!

ANd in 4 years Switzerland will win… joke!! hehehehehehehe

10:43 AM Jun 03 2006 |

Read-Actor

Read-Actor

Egypt

I suggest, that Switzerland will already be a very good team in this World Cup. Maybe they will be the most surprising team during the World Cup. Nobody talks about them but they have some good players in their team – and they play a nice kind of football – fast, tecnically good skills and strong players.

We will see.

12:09 PM Jun 04 2006 |

picpic

Belgium

Just one word about Italy. I'm ok if they eventually win but please, Italians, give us spectacle! Italian players are too accustomed to keeping the ball (the famous Catenaccio) and playing very defensive. They often have a quite closed play which doesn't allow an agreable watching.  It will depend on the trainer's system of course and his play view. Let's hope…

and let the best team win the cup.

01:28 PM Jun 04 2006 |

stalin

India

U r correct, For every team, there is a team who are always tough and thrilling, they are Argentina. Really they are good players. In game we unable to say anything who win or loss

07:18 AM Jun 06 2006 |

stalin

India

Italy have no chance of winning….....

07:19 AM Jun 06 2006 |