Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Describe you country.

walidos

walidos

Tunisia

We are from different country, so every one describe his country to know more about it and to practice english.. its location, the langage spocken, the biggest town, and more informations..

07:37 PM Nov 15 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

oganguly

oganguly

India

Well I am from India and describing India would require a lot of time and space i guess! but in a nutshell India is the cradle of ancient civilization,cradle of natural beauty coupled with land of immense prospects..You can visit india and can make it a visit you can remember for a lifetime..Everything is so eyecatching that you can hardly avoid anything here..I would invite everyone in this forum to pay a visit to my country and i can bet u r going to enjoy that…Byee

07:52 PM Nov 15 2007 |

Dubai,Jewels

United Arab Emirates

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

iam from Dubai and Dubai is the richest city in arab world. and it is the most beautiful city in the whole world to me Smile

i love my country and i am sooo proud that iam from Dubai….see ya alll

08:06 PM Nov 15 2007 |

walidos

walidos

Tunisia

hello, I am from Tunisia (Republic of Tunisia. Al jumhuriyah at-tunisiah).

National or official language :Standard Arabic. but we speak also French and English

Tunisia’s location in the heart of the Mediterranean has placed it in the crossroads of many of the words great Civilisations. Conquerors such as Phoenicians, Romans, Vandals, Byzantines, Turks, Spanish and French have all left their legacy in both art architecture and the rich fabric of Tunisian society. Tunisia is also the home of Hannibal and the location of the ancient city of Cartage that was the navel superpower of the day.

Tunisian words:
Good morning: Asslama
Welcome: Marhba
Have a nice stay: Ikama tayiba
Thank you very much: chokran
Goodbye: Bisslama
Soon: ILA illika
I hope to you a long life: ayichik
Have a nice day: Sabaha al khir
Good night: Tisbah alla khir
Good appetite: Chahiya tayiba
Good evening: Massa el khir
Please: Min fadlik

08:22 PM Nov 15 2007 |

AmericanGirl

United States

My country’s United States. It’s the best country ever and I wouldn’t want to be born in any country else. I’m proud of being American.

09:00 PM Nov 15 2007 |

Jenny028

Jenny028

China

my country is China,the biggest population in the world.our native lauguage is chinese, english is the second lauguage,but there are other lauguages like cantonese and town lauguage. now i am working at shenzhen city ,it's a young and fational city ,it's near to Hongkong. our country has rich culture, history resouces,and many intresting places to visit. so ,welcome to china !Cool

02:11 AM Nov 16 2007 |

Jenny028

Jenny028

China

my country is China,the biggest population in the world.our native lauguage is chinese, english is the second lauguage,but there are other lauguages like cantonese and town lauguage. now i am working at shenzhen city ,it's a young and fational city ,it's near to Hongkong. our country has rich culture, history resouces,and many intresting places to visit. so ,welcome to china !Cool

02:13 AM Nov 16 2007 |

mleonardi

Indonesia

hi I am from Indonesia exacly West Sumatra -padang. Most of foreigners only know Bali as a tourism object. Bali, however, is not the only beautiful and worth-visiting place in Indonesia. Padang, for instance, also has abundant attractive things to offer starting from  tourism places, delicious cuisines, culture to the language. If you are interested to know more about my hometown, I 'd be very pleased to email you. So long!Laughing 

02:25 AM Nov 16 2007 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

PHILIPPINES is my country…its a topical country which means mostly its hot here. We have many beautiful beaches , historical places to visit and the most important thing is that people here are very hospitable. I live in Marikina City the capital shoe of the country.. We have the biggest shoe in the world …open to public for viewing…which is in Guinness world book of records.

03:03 AM Nov 16 2007 |

bent zayed

United Arab Emirates

I'm from the  United Arab Emirates which constitutional federation of seven emirates; Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al-Qaiwain, Ras al-Khaimah and Fujairah. The federation was formally established on 2 December 1971.

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) occupies an area of 83,600 sq km along the south-eastern tip of the Arabian Peninsula. Qatar lies to the west, Saudi Arabia to the south and west, and Oman to the north and east. The capital and the largest city of the federation, Abu Dhabi, is located in the emirate of the same name.Our  Religion is Islam. Practice of all religious beliefs is allowed and the Language  official language is Arabic.

The United Arab Emirates, one of the world's fastest growing tourist destinations, has all the right ingredients for an unforgettable holiday, sun, sand, sea, sports, unbeatable shopping, top-class hotels and restaurants, an intriguing traditional culture, and a safe and welcoming environment.

and that's all..Laughing

11:44 PM Nov 23 2007 |