Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Personal relations between man and woman are very, very difficult thing!!!!!

Valentora

Valentora

United States

Hi, guys!!!! Today i woke up and one question suddenly came to my mind!!!!! But the problem is that in any century, in any historical period, in any country it was and now it is still the most important question!!!! I mean relation between male and female. My dear friends, i have my personal problem in this sphere,that's why i want to ask you to imagine my situation in your heads and give some tips , advices. The point is that i love one man and he is older me about 24 years, i am 20, so you understand, but he loves me too,  we spend nice time together, but the fact of age makes me worried sometimes….. My dear friends, what do you think about it, may be you have the same situation in your life!!!! I hope to you…..Thanks 

12:15 AM Jul 02 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Joe Slash

Joe Slash

China

So he is 48 yeas old now and you love him. Do I have that correct? I have had an experience similar to yours. I fell in love with a woman who is 31 years old but I am just 23 years old. We were apart at last. You must consider other people's thought. Your parents, your friends… so it's a hard thing to be with her. But I love her anyway, this is unchangeable. We have spent a lot of happy time together and it was a good memory. Now life restarts for me and I think you should take a good consideration if you wanna have people's best regards who are around you.

07:18 AM Jul 07 2006 |

Valentora

Valentora

United States

Hi, Joe! Thanks for your reply, it’s very important for me. But I am sorry, I cant accept your opinion, cause as for me, I don’t  care  what people around me can say about me and my friend. Cause I think that when you love you can see and hear only your second part and no one else. Do you understand? Anyway I am lucky that I met him, cause he has a great experience in his life, he gives me worthy advices, he supports me and etc. Why you and your friend were apart, tell me your story. Do you think that the reason of age is very important in the relations between man and woman? Waiting for your reply!

12:00 AM Jul 08 2006 |

Joe Slash

Joe Slash

China

Hi, valentora. There're lots of things different among China and other countries. Just like different countries have different customs. People in China don't like in other countries especially in western countries. Actually most of Asian countries are very traditional. For example, we must listen to what our parents say and consider what our friends think. Such things like that act a great part in our daily life. Actually this seems not open mind in your view but our 5000 years' tradition. Only few people can give a shit to these things but just few. So I can understand the differences between people in China and in foreign countries. I think China will become open day after day, I mean in mind, just like our economy and some opinions that have already changed.

03:07 PM Jul 09 2006 |

tinyly

tinyly

China

No one knows your idea.since you have already choosing the person that you think right,go with him.i think time will tell you right or not.

09:38 AM Jul 11 2006 |

email8191

email8191

China

In my opinion,i can comprehend the opinion of Joe Slash,cause i am a chinese also.However.i also support  Valentora and admire her very much.She is a brave girl and has her own judgement for this puzzle.Valentora,please do your own decision,don't care too much any other people's opinions around you.Of course,they are maybe all your close friends,they also wanna help you.But,their opinions are  merely their opinions.Nobody can make the final decision,except yourself.So,make your decision bravely,don't consider too much other people's talking.Maybe,only maybe,the decision is wrong but i think you willn't regret it.Best wish for you.

04:26 PM Jul 12 2006 |

fadi7

fadi7

Saudi Arabia

Hi,Valentora and Joy.  From my little experiences, the age isn't a big deal at all.  On the other hand I agree with Joy's opinion, people come from different cultures and traditions but who's care about cultures or trditions things that much these days with my due respect to all different cultures and traditions around the world.  Valentora you love him right and he loves you so where's the problem!!!.  Take it easy and go for it.  Good luckSmile   

01:12 PM Jul 15 2006 |

Brianzhang

Brianzhang

China

Life is short ,play more .

08:45 AM Jul 16 2006 |

roshani

United States

Sometimes its so difficult because he wants you to think the way he does and feel the way he feels.  You have to realise you are two different people who are programmed differently…........this makes the relation between the man and the woamn very difficult…..........Man fail to realize that each person is unique regarless of being in love or not….......Has anyone had this type of an issue???

10:53 AM Oct 17 2006 |

vivian & vivian

China

I admire Valentora who has already found her lover. Hope you are two a happy life together.

07:58 AM Oct 21 2006 |

may flower

may flower

Brazil

Hi Valentora, In my opinion you should simply be happy! life is very difficult and  living alone with an empty heart beating, it is worse…. So my dear, enjoy this present that God has permited life to give you …If you love each other what difference  does the age do? If he is a mature man, who respects you,  I guess you have a chance of improving  many aspects of your life … I also respect the cultural differences among all countries, but we are talking about feelings , something so private and important… I would never mind about the other people's opinion ( for sure,I respect those who live near or with me , but  everyone has to live HIS life).

Please don't throw away a chance that many people want…. Be happy.

Many kisses.

01:58 AM Oct 23 2006 |