Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

do you belive in the luck??

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

no i don't ..

11:36 AM Nov 30 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

prissy

Australia

i believe that..

01:44 PM Nov 30 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

In Hindu mythology luck is known as "karma",& it has two meanings….one is of luck & other is of action…what we do is also called "karma" & what is happening to us is also called "karma"

What I feel is Our luck is formation of our actions…..some actions show their results immedietly while some take time….The results who's result appears after a gap are called' luck'

04:44 PM Nov 30 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Luck, that is I mean a fortune .. not  a prosperity ( granted by God )

By the way, minora 2006, thanks.. I think we should to connect the prosperity to the fate.. and you are right..

devindernagpal, wow.. I think that you said too.. and I will add to your statement :

The results who's result appears after a gap are called' luck'  ( here is a prosperity that is granted by God ) ..

hakimi, thank you a lot for your discussion..

10:50 PM Dec 01 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

NabilaSh…

Although I feel that our actions become our luck after a gap….still I feel that our actions are not independent….there is some existential force who wants us to serve us accordingly…& i feel we are just a tool  in the hands of nature…not more tahn this….

02:48 AM Dec 02 2007 |

cherrygu

China

sometimes i believe in that, because many things happening to me seem destined. even if i tried to do everything i could to change the rusult, in the end i always failed.  but i never give up, i still believe if i always keep trying and meet with difficulty energetically and optimistically, i believe that some day i will succeed in controlling my life instead of just depending on luck.

03:13 AM Dec 02 2007 |

Jesse Zeng

Jesse Zeng

China

Perhaps,but I do hope luck exists in the whorld.u know,something in the world are amazing that these things just happen at the very time and in the very place.yeah,they're really amazing.

03:17 AM Dec 02 2007 |

aushij

aushij

India

all the happenings can't go like your expectation. its often, what u get depends on how hard you have tried relatively. but trying hard does not always leads to success. what does matter is whether u have chosen the right direction or not. whenever we r unable to get what we expected we say we it was not in my luck or whenever we get which we dream of people say u were lucky . so i do believe luck word is something to hide one's failure. again here "one's" is relative.i believe that luck plays major role sometimes and sometimes it does not comes into action at all.It depends just like that god is playing dice.So dear friend i will like to tell it is best to depend on luck only when u have prepared best to get something, so that even if u lose u might be contempted that u tried your best and u don't ever then will have the feeling that " oh if i could have…..."

03:48 AM Dec 02 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Man proposes , God disposes..

God helps those who help themselves..

i think when we must to plan our life , and the reasults appears after the gab. that is a law to the nature..     but there is another law : that i think God do it to test our faith ..

11:07 PM Dec 02 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

and

in the last time , i thought that i control my life in everything.. then i surprised , somthing done and changed all my life to another way .. i asked God : why ???

but my faith was good , and helped me to see to another things in my life , that i couldn't to see it early.. and this think changed my life to be better.. but , then when i thought in all my life , i detected that is what i want inside me ..

11:07 PM Dec 02 2007 |

Dutchman13

Dutchman13

Syrian Arab Republic

I do

cuz I consider my self very lucky 

12:39 AM Dec 03 2007 |