Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

who understand me?

jessica.ym

jessica.ym

China

i graduted this year on may. i wanted to find a job which i liked it. but now i work in the school, i don't like this job.i want to leave. however when i wanted to resignation i always…

03:15 PM Dec 06 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

say_notono@yahoo.com

Viet Nam

Hi Jessica,

Find out the reason why you want to resign. If you can not find any interest doing that work, give it up, or do you have any special reason in your "..." that you hardly tell us? I don't know whether my story can help you. I used to do the teaching (just as a part time job) not because i liked it but cause i needed money. However, i decided  to give up because i found that i lost more than i got. Now maybe i don't have much money but i feel quite comfortable.

Yet, i have to add that teaching is sometimes quite interesting. Students respect and love you.Laughing Why don't you choose some positive points of your job if you can not give it up?

04:03 PM Dec 06 2007 |

Ferke

Ferke

Hungary

Hello, Jessica!

I understand your problem, becouse I'm in same "shoes" with you. I finished the university last summer. After that I was looking for a job. I sent my CV some company.

Two friends and me decided that "we will go to England and work there". Now they work there and I'm here, becouse the very last time I got a job. I would like to be with them, becuse they learn english in England and know foreign people and "see the World". As for me I haven't liked my job yet. This is my first "big" job. I don't find my place (there). The first two weeks were terrible but now it is changing. I hope it will be better. I have a problem, becouse every workplace want minimum 1-2 years experience (that haven't got for me) and I earn good money here (anyway I don't like money I want to be happy)(if these things weren't I would resignation). My friends will arrive here early January (and after maybe they will back to England). I don't know what I will do.

I also don't know what should you do. Maybe if you don't like that you should go away (but it's easy for me I just write).

Best wishes!       

05:32 PM Dec 06 2007 |

mo0

mo0

United Kingdom

I hate my work too !!!! ;]

06:04 PM Dec 06 2007 |

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

hallo Jessica

I want to ask you a question , why are you working in that job ?

is it because you need money? and it is the only job that you fond?

if it is the case continue working while at the same continue searching for a new job that you can like ,and when you find that job you can quit .

that's what I would do

have a nice life

06:25 PM Dec 06 2007 |

leiji

leiji

Poland

Hey you shold just leave and stop compleinig people in the worl smthimes want a job but thei cant find it… think about taht …well anyway hope to speak with you take care:)

01:21 AM Dec 07 2007 |

jessica.ym

jessica.ym

China

thanks for your advices and care.if you was me that you had too many unwilling. but the most improtangt was some of students.such as one of student, her studying is very poor and her pitiful life experience.so every time i want to resign.fainally, i have to leave.should i leave?

03:43 AM Dec 07 2007 |

moon_sky

China

i will graduate from university next july, then i will become a hardware engineer,it is my first job,now i can't judge whether i like it or not ? but though 1-2 adaptation process,i can do this work with smile.

04:56 AM Dec 07 2007 |

lioncomming

Thailand

Do you have the internet in your house?
Maybe, this is the best job that you'll ever find
Please check this out
http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/97057

This is the 100% Internet business
No selling No advertising
World's lowest cost business

I hope you can do this and we will help together
Thanks

05:00 AM Dec 07 2007 |

leiji

leiji

Poland

Well thats a tough one you can ask another teacher to help her … I think you should just go with your instynct or heart :) Well take care and speak to you soon:)

01:16 PM Dec 07 2007 |

jessica.ym

jessica.ym

China

i miss my campus…

04:11 AM Dec 08 2007 |