Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are we religious....

devindernagpal

India

Friends,Do we live our life according to our religions….?

I don't feel so …what do you feel….?

03:37 AM Dec 07 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

main question is Do we live our life according to our religions….?

we goto answer of this question. Do we live our life according to our religions….

well…. devedernagpal  we didn't live according to our religions.if we do then mite be we are more satisfied and happy. 

06:55 AM Dec 10 2007 |

Eman dabbas

Jordan

It`s a nice question but 1st at all can we put a common definition of the word religion and then based on it we can discuss whether it`s  nessecary to initiated into some religion or not…

but for every body : who are you?? what do you want from this life??? why are you here??? or for what reason you was created????

let`s share our answers!!!!!!!

11:17 AM Dec 10 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Everybody born free,without knowing our languages of our religions,without knowing the religions of his parents but before his maturity,without taking his consent we give him our faith which we have inherited blindly ,without our consent,& then that conditioned mind behaves like a soft ware of computer as programmed & never tries to find reality….which I the enforced religion….When we live under the name of some particular religion but existentially we can't drop our natural instincts….which are original & existential…Ifeel that is our natural religion…actually to call it religion is a wrong word…we live nature wants us to live…

Idon't feel that there is some GOD who had given us birth…I feel that whole idea of religion is man made…existence had given us the idea of love …. through sex… The desire of sex comes to us by the way of existence.To fulfill that desire we have to love, we have to make other agree ….I feel this is existential religion…& It has coudn't been killed by all the religions…All the religions condemned love ,condemned sex as much as possible but still they are unable to kill it…EXISTENCE COMPELLS US TO LOVE,it is upon us that we accept it with open heart or with guilt ,but we have no option to discard existence.

03:20 PM Dec 10 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Dear Kana, yeah..I think I need a tape to shut your mouth..Laughing
Do the Holy books guarantee someone’s attitude? of course, it happens as long as we obey the Holy books. But you know..sometimes people don't know or maybe knew but don't wanna do what books said. That's why..there are terorist or criminal acts…

Anyway..in your last paragraph you said "... I dont think it doesn’t even matter if someone is religious or not". so U mean people should have religion, right? I hope Im not wrong to mean it!!

03:00 AM Dec 11 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear pop…

I feel religion imposed upon us can never make us relgious…it makes us fundmentlist only…. we All the religions are not the creations of GOD..all the religion are creations of man…GOD name is also creation of man..EXISTENCE CREATED ONLY HUMANITY…religions are not bringing peace to humanity..rather they are the cause of destruction… The whole humanity fought in the name of religion & peace … by killing humanity religiousness & peace..

The existential religion has only language of heart …of love only..but we kill love by condemning sex…we don't allow to love… we don't allow love to grow.. if we allow that love ..all the temples, churcchs mousques will get vacant…

The words of Kana are very real…I respect them

03:16 AM Dec 11 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

Cool

04:50 PM May 22 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

religions are the creations of man

do you really think so? have you read the koran or the bible? have you observed the world attentively .i believe everyone of us was born with the idea of god's existance and then chooses his own path.some of us choose to follow their society .they choose security and imprison themselves in others' believes. others choose their way freely. they can have a religion or simply egnore god's existance.we have to do serious researches to have true judgment.I think the worst humanity's enemy is ignorance and arrogance not religions. would the world get better without religions? how about human's material needs aren's the first cause of wars?

does sex gives love? sex is a natural need. it's not at least  condemned in islam. god encourage men and women to love each other and do sex but inside marriage. how do u feel doing sex with everyone. does this gives love?

dev i knew you'll talk about religion.iwished i had more time.

07:59 PM May 22 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

most people have a religion but know nothing about it.they are running forward carrying a lot of existential questions.religion is true love.

08:06 PM May 22 2008 |

Green Alice

Russian Federation

'everyone of us was born with the idea of god's existence" -

bullshit! Newborn children don't even speak! They have no idea of the world outside or inside them. What we know about this world comes from our experience (no matter physical, psychical or mental).

I've met  a lot of people who crossed themselves saying "thanks God", "God forgives"... But acted like scum in life. And I saw people, who don't practice any religion, but behave like they were inspired by God.

Soul is not given to us from birth, it is built up inside, while we go through pain or pleasure, sorrow or joy, while we learn and teach. Religion is awakening, and it lasts the whole lifetime.

08:20 PM May 22 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

lilimira, you are truly right , i liked your comment, and i agree..

Green Alice, you said Religion is a wakening… the religion learn us that everyone was born with his\her disposition that have a believing in god..

09:43 PM May 22 2008 |