Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

I am Legend

ahmedfahmy

ahmedfahmy

Egypt

Hi ma friends
i would like to discuss this movie with you…

did any one see that movie!!!

whatever.. i saw this movie and i think on my opinion it was good really good..
it 's included some tragedy sights like when the dog dead and when the actor " will smith" explode him self in the end of the movie … Ma God….

i hope from you give me any comments about this movie….

thanks for your time

07:32 PM Jan 15 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

usako

usako

China

Hmm very political…

01:27 PM Feb 06 2008 |

tracyhugo

tracyhugo

China

i saw this moive when i was in school.it is an exciting moive …..

06:05 PM Feb 06 2008 |

if_i_refuse

Belarus

I think the movie is great, but there are some moments that could have been done better, especially the second part (part with zombies, I mean)

07:31 PM Feb 06 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

I saw about three movies over the last week. Here's the list: Elizabeth, The Thin Red Line, and I am Legend.

Out of the three, I liked Elizabeth the best. A lot of dialog, a lot about history (that effects us even today),  some good acting by Cate Blanchett and others, and excellent directing by Kapur.

The Thin Red Line would be my next choice, but it failed at the box offices. It was very moving film about the actual experiences of young guys at the war front.   

I am Legend was financially a big success. It had some nice shots of the empty streets of New York overgrown with shrubs, and with lions and wild deer roaming about. Then there were the fantastic shots of the broken bridges over the Brooklyn. The movie is actually science fiction stuff, so some of it  seemed a little far fetched – like the human mutants who attack only under the cover of darkness. But all the same, I enjoyed it, though not overly excited about it.

07:01 AM Feb 07 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Ha Ha – Cate Blanchett is so manly!

Well, if u like those nice buxom ones like JLo, maybe.

10:49 AM Feb 08 2008 |

justaman1980

Turkey

movie is nice.but l dont like the end of the movie.

02:09 PM Feb 08 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Well she's playing one of the toughest characters in world history. Probably because of her, a lot of people around the world, including us, are now communicating in English. Otherwise, it could have been Spanish and Portuguese, with some French possibly (and of course, some Chinese Cool ).

She not only had to battle the other European powers, but also the all-powerful church of Rome. This was around the time the "heretics" and Jews were being persecuted during the Spanish Inquisition, and the Jews and others had to flee to the Muslim kingdoms in the north of Africa.

09:57 AM Feb 10 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

I hope Will Smith's fans will not get annoyed with all this banter about other movies and stars. Actually, I am not such a movie buff, but I have been doing a lot of catching up lately.

I think I missed War and Peace when it came to town many years ago (those days we only saw movies in movie halls). I can remember a Russian version being shown in India. There were some quality films with English subtitles from the Soviet Union when I was young.

I saw Pride and Prejudice – a great movie. There are probably older versions around. You seem to be an addict for such movies, Unfortunately, we used to think that reading such books was only done by women.

I think it was Audrey Hepburn who appeared with Rex Harrison in one my favorite movies – My Fair Lady. Her rival was Julie Andrews as far as musicals went. In the movie, there was that famous punch line: "Why can't the English speak English?"

http://th.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061227103835AAJtFZf

10:59 AM Feb 11 2008 |

Xeny

Belarus

i watched it in the cinema i liked it much but i grieve a dog… & the end …

09:38 AM Feb 21 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

This may be only a minor point about the movie, but I think that the micrbiologist who was interviewed at the beginning of this movie had a British accent.

I can remember "rhyme reason" speaking about the popularity of British villains in Hollywood movies, in a lesson on "Swimming" idioms. Did anyone else notice her accent?   

01:37 PM Feb 21 2008 |