Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Edward scissor hands

sherryrain

sherryrain

China

i like johnny depp…moving…out of reality…sad…meaningful…....

01:28 AM Sep 17 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

may flower

may flower

Brazil

Oh I like this movie a lot… but it is so sad…. poor Edward! Anyway I wouldnt like to see him in a beauty parlor near my house  to cut my hair!!!!!

Kisses….

12:27 AM Oct 09 2006 |

Indiagitana

Brazil

Hahaha, nice comment, May Flower! Me neither! Maybe if I were a punk…

01:58 AM Oct 09 2006 |

learoyd

learoyd

China

do u like the end of this story? if u were the writer, would u let them live together forever? or even would u give another surprising ending? please think about these questions. then, let us talk about it.

04:26 AM Oct 09 2006 |

sherryrain

sherryrain

China

wow…i think the former ending is perfect.though it was not a happy ending…..........it made the movie more meaningful…...the ugly of the teality,and the pure heart of edward…so,i respect  that ending…......

11:04 AM Oct 10 2006 |

xiaomaomusic

United States

I love Edward Scissorhands

It is a beautiful movie. It is like a fairy tale, but one that is about how people judge each other and don't trust someone who is different.

Many classes in America show this film to students and have them analyze it and write papers about it.

I showed it to my students last year as an example of genre – fairy tale and gothic fiction. 

He is too beautiful and too pure (innocent) to exist in the ugly world that we do.

The end is so sad. Even just thinking about it makes me tear up (get watery eyes!).

There is a play version (on stage) of the film now. It uses dance as well as acting and dialogue to tell the story.

It has played in the UK, and is coming to New York soon.

I would really like to see this play!

If you like Edward Scissorhands you might want to watch another fantasy movie by Tim Burton called Big Fish. Terry Gilliam's movies might also interest you, Brasil and Baron Munchausen. He has a new movie as well, but don't remember what it is called.

Holly

05:37 PM Nov 18 2006 |

Kitty_91

Kitty_91

Germany

well… i think we can form a fanclub ;) i really enjoy johnny depp and his movies. most of them are really profound. or so funny that i`ve to take care not to do a wee in the trousers ;)!  i love his film c"hocolate`". has anybody seen yet?

10:38 AM Jan 31 2007 |

sherryrain

sherryrain

China

i am so appreciate that so many people r fond of him…...it has benn a long time that  i saw him…....buried in endless homework and exams made me a little  bit numb.by the way,i like غروب(sunset)....(i am not arabic,but just like that)

10:54 AM Feb 02 2007 |

Katenok

Russian Federation

I am not very unussual, so I can say that I love Johnny Depp too. First I had watched " Pirates of the Carribean" and then "Edward…". But it is a fantastic film, I think. I can't understand everything for example why they had to separate from themselves, may be you can explain me? 

06:13 PM Feb 07 2007 |

sherryrain

sherryrain

China

ah,I see.Cz that is the cruelity of reality~if they stayed together,maybe it would turn out to be a superficial one~the reality world has no space for a so pure man like Edward~~and that is the reason why the movie is a success!

03:41 AM Feb 08 2007 |

forget-me-not

Russian Federation

hallo to everyone!

Nice to see so many people fond of this film, course i enjoyed it greately. I want to add to all positive responses that the film was directed brilliantly. I mean that on my opinion it's one of the best films produced by Tim Barton, besides it was his fairy tale,i mean he wrote it and then made a film. Smile

04:56 PM Feb 08 2007 |