Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Pearl Harbor VS. Shrek

mameow

mameow

Thailand

What a coincidence…I’m going to write about Pearl Harbor and now ‘There you’ll be’ is on the radio…(honestly, I’m getting tired of this song. I hear it like 5 times a day). Anyway, I’m going to a movie this Friday. But I can’t decide which one to see, should it be the big ‘Pearl Harbor’ or little lovely ‘Shrek’? I’ve heard a lot of negative comments about the Pearl, on the other hand, Shrek’s got pretty good reviews on it here. So anyone who has seen these movies please suggest me, before Friday would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mameow

03:59 PM Jul 03 2001 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mameow

mameow

Thailand

Hi Nedra,
Thanks for your reply. Well, Pearl harbor won this competition. I just saw it on Sunday. Like you said, it was just another typical Hollywood’s big production. I have to say though it wasn’t as bad as I expected. The romance wasn’t too much (for me)...the war scenes were fine…the jokes made me laugh. Normally, I consider any 3-hour movies that don’t make me fall asleep ‘okay’. I didn’t really care anyway coz my dad paid for the tickets. One thing I know is that Pearl Harbor has been making enormous amount of money here. What about in the states?

Mameow

05:26 PM Jul 11 2001 |

ogb

ogb

Germany

Hey. I saw both movies Shrek and Pearl Habor.
I love Shrek!!! It’s one of the best movie I have seen this year! And I haven’t heard any negative comments of other people who have seen it!
Pearl Habor… well… I just can say that it is the biggest flop! It really makes me laugh..

03:55 PM Jul 18 2001 |