Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Pride and Prijudice

Lydia1988

Lydia1988

China

do you priciate Jane austen

i like her works crazily!!!

if you enjoy th efilm <Pride and Prijudice>

come here

and lezve your comments

05:04 AM Feb 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

I enjoyed watching Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 version), and Keira Knightly really shone in this movie. As for the book, I must admit I have never read any of the novels written by Jane Austen or by the Bronte sisters. Embarassed  Probably, I will try to read some of them in the near future. Do you know that none of them published the books under their own name – women were not supposed to be writers in those good old days! Recognition of "Wuthering Heights" came in many years later.

07:05 AM Feb 27 2008 |

Katrik

Katrik

Ukraine

I like Jane Austin very much & read her works in original. Keira Knightly is fantastic in every film. The film goes throughout love & it’s very beautiful.

06:34 AM Feb 28 2008 |

saudigirl

saudigirl

Saudi Arabia

Pride and Prejudice is one of the gratest works in Jane Austin's age..

i like most the characterstic of Darcy..he is really gentle..:)

01:00 PM Feb 28 2008 |

catsarepretty

Canada

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie!  It is my favorite!  I've read all but one of Jane Austen's books…she is definitely my favorite author :)

10:10 PM Mar 04 2008 |

byron_jade21

Philippines

Jane Austen FTW!!!  ^^  I like her works, the characters in her stories as so alive in their idiosyncrasies that they make me laugh.  I like Jane Austen's Emma.  Do you know that the movie Clueless (Alicia Silverstone) was an adaptation of Emma.  There are a lot of similarities between Emma and Clueless that I was laughing out loud when I was watching Emma!  Like… totally!

Pride & Prejudice (Keaira Knightley was a great movie.  I bought the DVD! XD  Jane Austen's Persuasion is nice too.  It's a small read, but you'll like it. I hope. :p

08:06 AM Mar 05 2008 |

ahen611

ahen611

China

pirde and prijudice is really a great and valuable work !but it makes me think of another aspect of society—social ranks.under such circumstances,most people  make a  hard living .even though love ,i cannot mean this king of love is not pure,instead ,hopeful and strong and great!but  the love only belongs to minority,for most underpressed people cannot enjoy thant kind of love forever,for they must make a living by themselves !

05:50 AM Oct 03 2008 |

Lydia1988

Lydia1988

China

oh i really don't know that!!!

thank you~

09:33 AM Oct 10 2008 |

Angelandy

Angelandy

China

I like the movie very much.

12:31 PM Oct 10 2008 |