Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

best horror movie???

vandersauf

vandersauf

Germany

i would like to know what the best horror movie is…

daniel

09:37 PM Aug 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

TOM CR.

Saudi Arabia

SAW

IT IS GOOD STORY AND GOOD MOVIE OF HERROR

GOOD LUCKWink

09:45 PM Aug 06 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

TOM CR: I love to hear when somebody says "Saw" (one of my favorite horror movies) is a really good movie, but maybe classical are always the best.

For me until now, "The exorcist" is one of the most frightening movies in history!! That´s too shocking!!! Maybe our points of view changes because right now there´s a lot of technology sorrounding horror movies. With a few exceptions, most of the new horror movies are a waste of time, like "Prom Night", "Turistas", "The cave", etc.

11:26 PM Aug 06 2008 |

Celesthe

Celesthe

Mexico

hi daniel
mmm for me the best horror movie is prom night
becuse now…almost all of the horror movies has a lot of fantasy
well saw is a good movie but it is not horror
jeje but if you want to see a really horror movie you should see reflexes it is very good…..amazing..

01:05 AM Aug 07 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

What about the remake of "The hill have eyes"? It´s one of the goriest and most shocking movies of the last years.

For me "Audition", "May" and "A tale of two sisters" are another examples of great horror movies.

11:15 PM Aug 11 2008 |

Silent_HiLL

Ukraine

HEHE WHAT ABOUT THIS :):):)Laughing

11:28 PM Aug 11 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I can´t see the image Silent_hill, I don´t know why sometimes I can´t see the pictures added by the users.

04:03 PM Aug 12 2008 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

:D

i dont like saw because it doent make me scare :S

hmm..

maybe

house of wax

buried alive

:)

04:10 PM Aug 12 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Rikarduhedgehog: It depends if you enjoy psychological or gory horror. For example, I love "The ring", but many of my friends didn´t enjoyed it because they were waiting something gorier like Fredy or Jason movies. Personally I prefer psychological horror over gore.

The only part I enjoyed from "House of wax" was when Paris Hilton die, hahahaha! Kind of guilty pleasure.

04:34 PM Aug 12 2008 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

hahahaha :D that was a great part :)

to me horror movies are to make scare :)

i mean, really horror, scare :)

for example—> SAw IV  doesnt make scare, just has hardcore parts of violence :)

Got it?:)

dont misuderstand me :):)

06:00 PM Aug 13 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Yeah! I have the same opinion, but I can´t resist the gore of the Saw movies, hahaha! And I enjoy to be searching clues and try to guess the unexpected ending that all the movies have. Besides I love non-linear histories like "Saw", "Memento", "Irreversible" or "A tale of two sisters" (great korean horror movie).

I post in another topic, that I enjoyed jumping on my seat while I was seeing a great horror movie. The last one I saw (that made me jump) was "The descent", I went to the movies before midnight (we have midnight functions some days of the week at the movies) and I was laughing about how it made me feel scared (not all the movie, but it has great moments) and how the people screamed or jumped, hahaha!

07:02 PM Aug 13 2008 |