Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Which movie has the best "surprise ending"?

black magician

Turkey

Hi Friends!I always like the movies that has surprise endings.For now ,I remember "The Prestige","Saw" and "Oldboy".I'll add as I remember the others.You can share your opinions about this subject with me..:))

07:14 AM Aug 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mubrik

Oman

In addition to "saw", this movie really gave me a shock in the endingSurprised

Dead Silence

You should see itSmile

07:57 AM Aug 22 2008 |

blueboylh

blueboylh

China

I think The Sixth Sense has a very surprise ending ~~

08:01 AM Aug 22 2008 |

black magician

Turkey

YES,friends.The director of "Dead Silence"is "saw 1"s director(ı watched it).blueboylh When you say "The Sixth Sense",I remember "OTHERS".It was  also a good one..:)

08:21 AM Aug 22 2008 |

moonchild1312

Germany

I think "The Others" had the most suprising end to me.

03:19 PM Aug 22 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Have you seen the korean horror movie "A tale of two sisters"?? It has a double twist ending. There´s a surprising ending (I won´t tell you) and you believe is the end of the movie, but there´s 25 minutes more before the second twist end!! Awesome!! I really love that besides to be an asiatic movie, all the history has an explanation!

High tension (the french movie "Haute tension") has a surprising ending too, you will be surprised to discover the real killer, hahaha!

And of course all the ending of the Saw movies, I never guess them!!!

Blackmagician: If you look the scene when the main character goes with a police officer to the theater in search of Billy (in Death Silence) you will see Billy the puppet of the Saw movies sit near of a box. Briefly appears some seconds. And the final of "Old boy" was to cruel for me.

05:28 PM Aug 22 2008 |

black magician

Turkey

Yes ,I saw it 1 year ago.It was really dramatic.As far as ı remember,the first surprise was related with elder sister and the second twist was about the stepmother(ı can't remmember them exactly).I had a long discussion about its finale.Can you remind me the two twists?(5 days ago,I watched a Japan or Korean movie named "Reincarnation"Have you seen it?

06:55 PM Aug 22 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Yeah! The first twist is that one of the sisters is dead, and the second is that the alive sister has 2 personalities: her and the other that believes she´s her stepmother. That´s why at the beginning she´s in a psychiatric hospital. I like that the end of the movie in fact is the beginning of the history.

"Reincarnation" yes! It´s in a serie of movies called "Asian Xtreme" or something like that, that recopilates horror or gruesome asiatic movies like "Azumi", "Audition", "The grudge"(1 and 2),  "Ringu" (1, 2 and 0), "Old boy", "Ms. Vengance" and other more. I only have had the luck to rent some of them. And Reincarnation is one of them.

09:29 PM Aug 22 2008 |

black magician

Turkey

oh yeah,now it's okay!Today here a new movie has come out:"Mirrors"Trailer is interesting.Kiefer Sutherland is acting.I think the director is the director of "haute tension".By the way,what is the plot of it and have you seen "Mirrors"?

09:37 PM Aug 22 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Is "Mirrors" released on Turkey?? In Mexico there´s no release date yet Cry. The director is Alexander Axá, the same of "High tension", "The hill have eyes" 1 (remake) and "P2". The plot centers in the character of Sutherland, who is employed as guard in a store that it used to be a psychiatric hospital but it was burned. There´s still a ghost (or ghosts I don´t know) that are hunting the people by their reflection in the mirror make them kill theirselfs. I only have read about it and I have seen the trailer. Of course I will go to the movies to see it.

11:11 PM Aug 22 2008 |

black magician

Turkey

Yes,If I have a chance to see it;ı tell you if it worths to see.Yesterday,a frind of mine saw "Strangers"(Liv Tyler)."It was a real disappointment"he said.Have you seen "Awake(Hayden Christiensen,Jessica Alba".Altough it wasn't a horror,itwas so impressive.Like "Atale of Two Sisters",it had 2 twists(even 3).It was brilliant for giving good messages..

07:07 AM Aug 23 2008 |