Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

best horro movies,, dont afraid and come on

cutiebaby

cutiebaby

United Arab Emirates

Horro movies is one of my interesting things in the life

i like to see horro movies in the night and i really have fun even if i fReak OuT hhhhh Surprised

so , i would like from you to tell me about the best horro movies that you ever never seeeeeeeeeeeeen

hhhhh

iam really eavil girl hhh …

Laughing

see you all

05:30 AM Dec 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

Andilee: I agree with you about "Dawn of the dead". The original is great (George Romero is a master!!); but at least give it the credit to the remake. It has some changes in the history and many FX that makes it feel fresh in a lot of zombie movies that are completely forgetable. I believe is well adapted to the 2000´s years.

I find this in Wikipedia, and I agree with it:

George Romero is quoted as saying of the film (the remake), "It was better than I expected. ... The first 15, 20 minutes were terrific, but it sort of lost its reason for being. It was more of a video game. I'm not terrified of things running at me; it's like Space Invaders. There was nothing going on underneath."

07:53 PM Jan 12 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

HI, I've not seen the re-make, usually I don't like them, so I avoided it, though I did actually look at the box in the store today! I think the main thing about it though wasn't the zombies, but the social and political commentary on the consumerism and materialism of America at the time. Usually when that sort of film is remade, the horror gets emphasised and the subtlety gets lost – exactly as Romero pointed out there.

Andi

06:59 PM Jan 13 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Andilee: Yeah! Unfortunately, in the remake, the movie is more focussed in the zombie attack than in the criticism of the society (Good to meet someone who sees beyond the movie, as the allegory it is!!). Maybe it´s because something that it was scary in the past it isn´t creepy today, that´s why the remakes are apart of the idea of the original movie, sometimes with awful results. For me, the worst remakes are the american remakes of asiatic horror movies, because all the essence is completely lost.

Thanks for sharing!!

07:18 PM Jan 13 2009 |

wa3ad

wa3ad

Kuwait

i like to watch horror movies espicially the japanese movies

the best 2 movies is the ring and one missed call..

08:09 PM Feb 15 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

tuborq: I agree with you, because american and some european horror movie directors are more focused on gore and searching for the same mechanical ways to make you jump but with unexpected sounds. 

For example, asiatic directors create a creepy atmosphere on every movie they made. The combination of music, environment and the unexpected twist at the end mixed with situations that everyone can faced (it doesn´t matter if it´s in the day or night, in the street, in an elevator, etc.) makes you feel the creeps. I like the original "Shutter" (not the awful american remake), but I like more "A tale of two sisters" (korean).

02:48 PM Feb 16 2009 |

jianghui87

jianghui87

China

i like watching horrors,but i'm afraid to wacth them ,especially those made in japan and korea,and of course in china,because the actors are just like the people around me .i think a lot of american horrors are disgusting ,just creating clashes to one's eyes or iruin one's taste.but The Mist is not bad

10:44 AM Feb 19 2009 |

movie-holic

India

Paranomal activity and final destination series… Both of these movies are good enough to give any one sleepless night, but ar totally worth a watch. Have recently seen final destination 5 on hbo india and its amazing how this movie completes the cycle and related with the first part

07:43 AM Dec 27 2012 |