Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

"Spider-man" and "the attack of the clones"

luym

Brazil

Hi everybody,

Has anyone seen “Spider-man” and “Episode II – the attack of the clones”? I’m crazy about comics and I was told that spider-man is very well done. And that in Episode II, Yoda goes digital. So, isn’t he a puppet anymore? Is he as charming and funny as he was in “The Empire Strikes Back”? Are they good movies?

Regards,

Lu.

12:09 AM May 14 2002 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

luym

Brazil

Hi Nedra,

I saw Spiderman this weekend and I liked it a lot. Tobey Maguire is very convincing as Peter Parker and the director was very loyal to the comics. Of course there are some differences, but they don’t really represent a problem.
Nedra, I’m glad you liked “the Attack of the clones”. I can’t wait to watch it.

Lu.

08:08 PM May 27 2002 |

phoebelivefromsampa

Brazil

yeah, spiderman rocks! but isn’t it true that his body doesn’t produce that web? i think i’ve seen spiderman running out of web and he had to make some more…
very interesting this week’s ebaby movie. it’s about episode ii. have you checked it out Lu?

01:03 PM Jun 06 2002 |

sallyzou

United States

well, in my opinion, spider man is just so-so, though the special effect is cool, the story line is really predictable. not much different from other superman stories.

08:20 PM Jun 15 2002 |

phoebelivefromsampa

Brazil

yeah sallyzou, i know what you mean. i have some friends that are not that crazy about comics and they didn’t like the movie as much as i did. the thing is that the movie brought the magic of spiderman comics to the big screen and that’s what i think is so cool about it. well, maybe it’s a thing only crazy fans like me would understand, right?

06:47 PM Jun 20 2002 |