Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

my last movie: short comment

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

I think it could be interesting to read the comment on a certain movie. at least you get an idea and don´t need to see the trailer.

suggestion: name of the movie – type of movie – personnal comment 

01:32 PM Jul 14 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

" B A D  Lieutenant – port of call new orleans "                 action-thriller                           2009

with nicolas cage and eva mendes

nicolas cage is a detective who is as devoted to his job as to drugs, playing with the law in new orleans after the hurricane katrina.his love to the prostitute eva mendes makes his life even more complicated.

interesting detail : the presence of the reptile , result of his drug consumption.

05:22 PM Jan 14 2010 |

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

" A V A T A R "               -science fiction -                               2009

In the future, jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na´vi, cat-like humanoids.humans want to exploit their planet and for this they create avatars, bodies of Na´vis with human DNA and controlled by humans.

but in the end negotiation fails and there is a battle for Pandora .

native clans and nature itself are rebelling …

a nice message and I like the Na´vis eyes !

01:41 PM Jan 18 2010 |

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

" Fracture "            – thriller –                      2007

with anthony hopkins and ryan gosling

the engineer anthony hopkins is nearly escaping justice for the attempt of murdering his wife but  the young district attorney ryan gosling finally gains in intelligence and humility.

A nice DUO !

08:12 PM Jan 20 2010 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

''YESMAN''     comedy with Jim Carrey   2009 --

well,the movie is quite hilarious , although sometimes it was a litttle bit pathetic sight how ageing Jim tried   to be as funny as in his previous movies making mocks and mimics. Seems like he just can't get rid of this  'funny clown' character.  As for the rest, I would say 'just the right movie to watch with your family on the sunday evening' ))

11:22 AM Jan 25 2010 |

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

so glad that new people are joining Smile

03:14 PM Jan 26 2010 |

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

" T H E  N O T E B O O K "     2004                  drama-romance

with ryan gosling and rachel mc adams

it is the story of a true love that resists all obstacles.

allie and noah are teenagers in love but they are separated by allie´s upper-class parents. several years later they meet again and their passion is rekindled and allie has to choose between her soul mate and class order.

the movie is quite emotional , reflecting one of our dreams : eternal love.

and ryan gosling seems the modern " james dean" here…

07:17 PM Feb 05 2010 |

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

" T H E    H U R T   L O C K E R  "          2008       action-war

with jeremy renner

an elite army bomb squad unit is working in Iraq where everyone is a potential enemy and every object could mean death.

I think ( jeremy renner as ) james is quite cool facing the dangerous situations.

03:13 PM Feb 06 2010 |

bienemaja

bienemaja

Andorra

" law abiding citizen"    thriller-drama                 2009

clyde shelton ( gerard butler ) is  frustrated after a plea bargain sets one of his family´s killers free and decides to take justice into his own hands,

ten years after the brutal murder of his wife and daughter ,philadelphia is reigned by the terror of a brilliant man …

06:45 PM May 10 2010 |