Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

Phish

mameow

mameow

Thailand

Hey guys,
Does anyone here know or like Phish? I got to know their music a while ago and I think they’re cool. My friends burnt me some of their live cds from different concerts. It seems like they’re big in the US. I don’t really understand what they sing about. Sometimes their lyrics make no sense to me but their music is cool.

Mameow

03:13 PM Jul 03 2001 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Tanis

United States

Hi there!

I used to have a boyfriend a few years ago who LOVED that band, so I know some of their music. It is kind of groovy, and many people who loved the Grateful Dead are devoted Phish followers. What CD’s do you have? Has anyone else out there heard of this band?

Write back when you get a chance,

Tanis

04:35 PM Jul 13 2001 |

mameow

mameow

Thailand

Hi Tanis,
The phish cds I have are ‘Billy Breathes’, ‘A live one’, ‘Hampton comes alive’, ‘The dark side of the moon’,and live cds from their concerts in CA and Toronto. My friend also made me two tapes which have many songs from different concerts. I’ve also seen one phish movie ‘Bittersweet Motel’. It was pretty crazy. Their music is totally something new to me. So far I’ve never met any Thai who knows the band or their songs. I don’t know much about the grateful dead, but like you said, it seems like a lot of phish fans were deadheads too.

I like phish music but I’m not crazy for them. It’s just interesting to see how much their fans are into them, like those people who follow them to every concert in a van for several years, have interesting ‘philosophy’...or the way they think about life. They seem to share some traits and activities, like a lot of them look like ‘hippies’ (actually, I still wonder what exactly defines a hippy), they smoke cracks, something like that.

So do you like them? Or what do you think about them?
Talk to you soon,
Mameow

01:02 PM Jul 14 2001 |

robbsonic

Canada

Phish are sooooo good.. though it’s true, their lyrics often don’t make much sense.

Dark Side of the Moon is a Pink Floyd Album, not Phish. If you play it with the movie “The Wizard of Oz” they synchronize very nicely.

There are still many hippies in the world, but most of them don’t smoke “crack”. crack is a very dangerous drug that you should ALWAYS say no to.

“Wash uffitze drive me to firenze” – Phish

08:49 PM Sep 28 2001 |