Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

Opera

matej_sk

matej_sk

Slovakia

I´m hopelessly devoted to opera:) What´s your favourite ones? Or just preferred arias?

I love Verdi´s Aida, Nabucco or some heavier repertoire such as Wagner. My favourite aria is e.g. O mio babinno carro by Puccini, or Vissi d´arte from Tosca 

02:41 PM Dec 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jean___michel

Brazil

Hey!!!! Finally someone with a nice topic here!!!

Aida – Verdi, Chorus of Hebrew slaves-Verdi, Carmen-Bizet, Guilherme Tell-Rossini, Don Giovanni – W A Mozart… etc… I love requien of Mozart too…

Nice topic, I loved it…

03:18 PM Dec 28 2009 |

matej_sk

matej_sk

Slovakia

Thank you really. I´ve been in love with classical music since I was a child. I was raised in society of classical studied musicians and now, I study opera singing in conservatory. 

03:23 PM Dec 28 2009 |

jean___michel

Brazil

Very nice, I love music too… I heard very classical musics when I was a little child in Sao Paulo. Today, I dont listening to the classical music all the time. But today I cant live without music, all the time I am listen smth…

I play guitar n sing in church… LOL very nice.

See you, boy! Good luck with the study in conservatory!

03:31 PM Dec 28 2009 |

matej_sk

matej_sk

Slovakia

Thanks. When I was younger, I wanted to play the guitar but I had to take a singing and flute lessons. But I am always glad when someone is also performer. Music is the hardest art to know, understand, feel and share. Enjoy it whenver you can:)

03:34 PM Dec 28 2009 |

matej_sk

matej_sk

Slovakia

Operetta is less serious for me. But it is a kind of relax:) I really like Lehar´s ones:)

10:48 PM Dec 28 2009 |

matej_sk

matej_sk

Slovakia

I was on Carmen by Bizet yesterday. Such an amazing, incredible performance. Carmen was acted by Jolana Fogašová, one of the bst mezzosopranos. I really like her timbre. Tenor role sung by Lehotský was sometimes flat but I enjoyed it:)

01:59 PM Feb 05 2010 |

matej_sk

matej_sk

Slovakia

Netrebko has a weak voice but beautiful timbre. Cecilia is the best mezzo, no doupt about it! :) Thank you for sharing ;)

12:13 PM Feb 11 2010 |

matej_sk

matej_sk

Slovakia

Gheorghiu singing Vissi d´arte from Tosca by Puccini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgH85M06PZQ

I think this is the real "Puccini" soprano

12:17 PM Feb 11 2010 |

Aleks_:D

Aleks_:D

Serbia and Montenegro

I love La Traviata by Verdi and Carmina Burana by Carl Orff