Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

W-H questions

britdam007

britdam007

India

In size, USA=6.5 India.

Now  could you please help me form a W-H question using the above piece of information?

Best regards,

Abhishek

05:34 PM May 03 2013 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi Abishek,

This sounds like you are asking me to do your work for you! :) Why don’t you come up with something and I can tell you if it’s correct.

Best,

Amy

03:41 PM May 05 2013 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

I googled it out but I couldn’t get the answer. So please give me the W-H question?

Best regards, 

Abhishek

04:07 PM May 05 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

I don’t really know what you mean by “give you” the question. Do you mean what question might that be answering? It could be something like, “How do US shoe sizes convert to Indian sizes?” Is that what you mean?

-Amy

12:30 AM May 08 2013 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

No, I’m comparing the size of India to that of America and in order to do that I have to form a question first. Like I can tell you the former U.S.S.R; the size of that country is double the size of the United States. So we can say that in Russia 2 United States can fit in. 

Likewise can I say that in America 6 and a half India can fit in?

OR if I’m to form a W-H question with that can I say that how many India/Indias will fit in Amerca or something like that? 

Best regards,

Abhishek

02:03 AM May 08 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Yes, that makes sense. To make it smoother, you could say: “How many times could you fit a country the size of India into the United States?”

Best,

Amy

05:17 PM May 09 2013 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

Thank you ma’am. Have a great day.

Cheers

04:34 AM May 10 2013 |