Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

how do we make students love englısh?

dilemma36

dilemma36

Turkey

can you share your ideas about making students (of ages 11,12,13) have pleasure while learning.

my studens generally say that"ıt s so difficult to learn a second language". especially because of their age, they cannot think abstractly wel, so they seem to have difficult times to get new words and structures of a new language. they generally start to face a new language at the age of 9 in public schools in Turkey, which is very late according to me. Anyway ı m waiting for your valuable ideas.

02:42 PM Sep 27 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Alburt

Alburt

China

Make them talk or speak.In a class,u let ur students express their opinions,not just let them listen to u.Maybe they cant express themselves correctly.Do not interrupt when they make mistakes.They will think they do well and English is not that kind of hard as they used to think.

03:18 AM Jan 17 2010 |

fly95

fly95

Romania

Well I'm  not a teacher but when i was like 10 i didn't really liked to learn other languages beside mine because it was very hard , but when i turned 12 i started to like english very much because i wanted to can relate  with the people all over the world and that made me learn it and like it at the same time.And when a lesson it's turned like a game it becomes very interesting and more fascinating.

02:13 PM Jan 24 2010 |

brahimberrabah

Algeria

hi!         free curiosity has a more positive effect on learning than necessity and fear. you have to ask your self if your student are curious to learn or not. if the answer is not. the next question would be how can you raise and maintain thier curiosity. the first key i suggest is use games childeren like to play teach themthroug games .for more discussion please contact at: good luck

04:38 PM Jan 24 2010 |

brahimberrabah

Algeria

hi!         free curiosity has a more positive effect on learning than necessity and fear. you have to ask your self if your student are curious to learn or not. if the answer is not. the next question would be how can you raise and maintain thier curiosity. the first key i suggest is use games childeren like to play teach themthroug games .for more discussion please contact at: good luck

04:40 PM Jan 24 2010 |

Youth

Youth

Saudi Arabia

you can select a day every week and create a book club with your students. share the "English" books they have read with them. start with kids stories 'cause they are written with simple language and clear ideas. you will find your students are stick to the language gradually.

08:44 PM Jan 29 2010 |

qqday

United States

Fun activities that encourage students to speak without being overly mindful about making mistakes always help. The teacher does not necessarily have to interrupt a student's speech with corrections. Feedback may be provided later, in the form of recast, or in relation to written work.  

09:29 PM Feb 03 2010 |

maria_b

maria_bSuper Member!

Brazil

It's like English, baby!, when students can learn English by learning from subjects that they are interested, it's easy to like learning English!

08:43 PM Sep 03 2010 |