Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

Business English Vocabulary

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

Learning business English vocabulary is so important for taking part and looking good in business meetings.  Quite honestly, there are even a lot of native English speakers who have a relatively poor vocabulary when it comes to modern business.  The way to learn this stuff is to do it one word at a time.  Make sure you can use the word properly before moving on to the next one.  Today I'm going to introduce the concept of a "niche market".

A "niche market" is basically a relatively small but very specific market.  A large market would be something like "golf clubs".  A niche market would be something like "left handed golf clubs for tall thin females".  The niche is much smaller than the original market, but it is much more specific.  If you are a singer person or a small company, having a specific niche is very important.  There is a lot less competition because there are very few, if any, competitors in your niche.  If you find a client interested in your exact product, you are much more likely to get a sale.  A lot of people make the mistake of not making a specific niche and then can't compete very well because they don't have enough advertising money to compete with larger companies.  On the other side of the coin, it is important not to have to small a niche either, because there very well might not be enough people in your niche to make enough sales.  Balance is the key here. 

To learn more business related words, check out Business English Vocabulary

02:01 PM Aug 08 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hisar_199

hisar_199

Turkey

sorry but..i expected a teacher was talking on a video….

07:47 PM Aug 10 2010 |

hasith

hasith

Sri Lanka

Good to have listening!

11:47 AM Sep 05 2010 |

vijay raj

vijay raj

India

nice

11:39 AM Sep 12 2010 |

Carolinae

Germany

Good point! I have some trouble when learn business Chinese vocabulary, I have got some inspiration from you.

03:53 AM Sep 25 2015 |