Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Beauty

bankeis

bankeis

Nigeria

Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder.some say to be beautiful you have to be pretty,slim etc what about those with extra flesh?  beauty to me radiates from inside.To me beauty plus brains is good gains.how about you what is beaty to you my friends?

05:53 PM Feb 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mukti

Bangladesh

Beauty is truth, truth is beauty.

09:50 AM Mar 19 2008 |

brownstone

brownstone

Saudi Arabia

hi:

:)

for me, beauty springs from the inside, plus , sense of humour is very important thing for me, coz it cannt fade away unlike the beauty which one  might lose it in any moment..

the most beautiful person in the world is the funniest personKiss..

10:45 PM Mar 31 2008 |

cynthia_Verdin

Mexico

Of course its an advantage to be pretty or good-looking. But I think the most important is the value of a person. When you meet a person who is kind, comprehensive, funny, etc. He or She has special caractheristics that made him/her beautiful. Beuty lasts a very short time, but inside beauty lasts forever!Cry

11:24 PM Mar 31 2008 |

purple_bloom

India

True beauty comes from the heart. When your heart can open up and reach out to touch others, I think thats when you're most beautiful!

09:30 AM Apr 01 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

yup Beauty is in the eye of the beholder… my eyes said that anorexia nervosa is beautiful!!!

but still beauty comes from ur heart n also brain

09:45 AM Apr 01 2008 |

bankeis

bankeis

Nigeria

hi, friends i like all your posts on beauty and i respect all your opinions, i believe in beauty and i think you are all beautiful people,keep smiling and be good to others,cheers…

03:30 PM Apr 10 2008 |

cynthia_Verdin

Mexico

Thanks Bankeis.

Beauty is only a subjective thing. the concept of beauty for me can be very different from yours. you can even say what I like is ugly, disgusting or ridiculous, but It's beautiful for me. We all are different. and that makes people special.Wink

04:18 PM Apr 10 2008 |

cynthia_Verdin

Mexico

You are beautiful, no matter what they say…

04:19 PM Apr 10 2008 |

bankeis

bankeis

Nigeria

hi cynthia,i agree with you,as far as you believe you are beautiful in your heart,it will radiate on you,then what ever anyone says about you wont matter!

04:59 PM May 09 2008 |

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

They say in France:
Pour étre belle il faut naître belle, et pour paraître belle il faut souffrir (To be beautiful you must be born beatiful, and to look beautiful you must suffer) = )

06:03 PM May 09 2008 |