Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Chinese i need your help again ^.^

freedom-soul

United Arab Emirates

heeeeeeeey friends,

i am doing now a prashor " small paper wich i will write inside it an general information about China "

i found the information wich i need for this ,, but still need your help in these questions i need to know the names of :

newspapers

universities

the national food " the most famous food in china " ? i want the name and from what include?

what is the main thing that chinese creative there? an famous things ??

to call china .. what is the number

china time ?? greewich " GMT ??

hotels ??

malls

waiting for your reply …

i hope you answer me as soon as you read this coz my project Next week :P soon

07:25 AM May 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

satanyi

satanyi

China

a lot ,I think

08:04 AM May 02 2008 |

freedom-soul

United Arab Emirates

xiao : i meant in general … there must be an famous hotels and malls . right?? 

i mean if you ask someone about it he/she will know it dircetly

and yeah : about newspaper and universty …. just one ?? they must be more !!

thanks both of you xiao and Satanyi for being here …

actually i need to know about other things in China for my presentation .. i hope you will still here to reply ME =) thanks again friends  

08:12 AM May 02 2008 |

xiaoxiao1219

China

You know our country is a developing country so what mostly we produce now is something we use daily, I hope you know what I mean. A lot of foreign companies invest in China, so it's the same as hotels and malls, for example: wal-mart and carrefour and sorry I don't know the English name of some our own companies.

For universities, the most two famous universties in China is Beijing university (北京大学)and Qinghua university (清华大学)。 Next nankai university(南开大学)and xiamen university(厦门大学),fudan university(复旦大学)and a lot others.

08:35 AM May 02 2008 |

xiaoxiao1219

China

Yeah, I know you wanna know famous hotels and malls but you should tell me which city do you wanna know. Because one hotel may famous in this city but maybe the situation is change in another city. Do you know what I mean?

I think I misunderstood you, you wanna know the universities and newspapers in China but I thought you wanna know the Chinese words of this two words.

OK, about newspapers, 人民日报(People's daily),北京晚报(evening paper of Beijing), I'm so sad to find it's so many famous newpaper and it's be different from province to province.

08:52 AM May 02 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

南京路 Nanjing Road is a very famous shopping avenue in Shanghai, it's one of the world's busiest shopping streets.

王府井大街 Wangfujung Street is the main shopping area in Beijing. 

中关村 Zhongguancun is the main IT research and development area of Beijing and China (as I understand it). The Lenovo Corporation (联想集团有限公司) has a large base there.

03:00 PM May 02 2008 |

freedom-soul

United Arab Emirates

Xiaoxiao + aljensen  i don't know how to thank you ..

THANK YOU soooooooooo  MUCH .. i think this information is enough and it will help ME …

Laughingthanks again and wish me the GOOD luck in my prestentation & project about China =) it will be next week …

04:09 PM May 02 2008 |

xiaoxiao1219

China

Good luck with your project!

06:18 AM May 03 2008 |