Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Do you love your name?

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

Whether your real name or your nick name here,

Write the meaning of your given name and tell who gave you that name.

How does your name reflect your personality?

-          Would you like someday (if possible) to change it?

07:24 PM Nov 28 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~Doris~

~Doris~

China

yes. my name is yang liu. my uncle gave my that name .

in english , that means willow. it  sounds  very gentle..

01:43 AM Dec 29 2008 |

mah60

mah60

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i like name its mahboobeh it means lovely in englishTongue out

10:26 AM Dec 30 2008 |

thelava

thelava

Saudi Arabia

i like my name even somebody here say that it's long and hard to spell it  my really name is abdulrahman and it's belong to allah mean that im worshiper for the merciful thing in this live allah one of his name merciful and lava also a nice name even gabriel my spanish name that mikoll call me and choose that name for me that mean allah is my strength and i want to say something important that beautifull names not so important but the soul must be beauty and people will name you from your behavior and if you have a nice name you should have the meaning of that name in your soul i mean if your name mean mercy so you should be mercy with the people to be realy proud by your self  i hope my idea is got from you .

thanks and happy new year with best wishes

05:29 PM Dec 31 2008 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

My father named me this why I like it .  :) .....

06:35 PM Dec 31 2008 |

MmLLoO

MmLLoO

Germany

my name is melis…its  the short name of melissa and i really don't like itUndecided

the meaning is…well it's a flower(melissa)Tongue outbut when i looked for the meaning of melis i was surprised cause it means bad sugar xDxDxDxD oh man….

ah btw my nick is actually mello….friends calling me mello but i've written it without the ''e'' cause it looks better Tongue out

08:40 PM Dec 31 2008 |

Lollirot

Lollirot

Venezuela

My name is Cindy and I like it. I once had the chance to change it but I didn't. It means the one who comes from the mountain. I think it fix with my personality.

My nick is Lollirot. It's a Jack off Jill's song that I love.

02:24 AM Jan 08 2009 |

sophiezyn

China

my english name is sophie and it means wisdom. i do love it~ and my Chinese given name means peace and quiet, which i love very much.

03:42 AM Jan 08 2009 |

abee168

abee168

Viet Nam

My english's name is Zan Bee. I thought a lot for this name. I'm a vietnamese and Tat Thieu Chuong is my name. But my origin is chinese and Bi Shao Zhang is my chinese name. In Vietnam and China, the order of name is lastname, firstname. So Zan is my firstname and Bee is my lastname. It's all about my name's story.

09:03 AM Jan 08 2009 |

ngoc890

ngoc890

Viet Nam

Do I love my name? of course, I love it so much because it 's my name and I'm daughter of my parents.I love them;so I love my name. I proud of that! Do u think  like that? If one of u don't love yourself name,I think that's not too bad, but it's not good…

10:06 AM Jan 08 2009 |

michael.belfast

Poland

My name is michael its very common name. This name describe one of archangel in christian bible. But we can meet this name in judaism and islam religion.

(hebrew מיכאל [Mîchā’ēl], greek Μιχαήλ [Michaél], Latin Míchaëlarab. ميخائيل[Mika'il])

When I was a child I didnt like it but now I just love it.

best

M. 

10:19 AM Jan 08 2009 |