Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are we fall in love with sb or with idea of sb?

bjoosta

bjoosta

Poland

What is true reason that we continously fall in love and next fall out of love? Maybe that's because we don't fall in love with somebody, but with our dream? Maybe we've only conception of our perfect object for our love and we try to see it in choosen person? And when we realized that our partner doesn't come our expectations up then we used to say "It isn't the same person as I fell in love". But it isn't true, this person might be the same as was. Maybe this is just a moment when we dispel our illusions.

07:03 PM Aug 03 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zars

zars

Mexico

Sorry I thought I had explained it clearly, let me try again.
Most of people “suddenly wake up” from the dream (that themselves called love), simply cuz that was not love and as far as they don’t know how it is or feels, they think (misunderstand) they were in love, without seeing that what they were living was nothing but an attraction.
And this is caused by several reasons, one of them, as you well said is cuz people have different definitions of love even though there should be only one cuz love is an universal feeling.

03:20 PM Aug 10 2006 |

aimilee

aimilee

China

we love someone because we don't know him completely so in our eyes he's perfect.with time passed,we gradually realize he is not so perfect for many defects exposure before us.then we leave him and continue to angle for the Mr. Right untill he appear in our life.

01:41 PM Aug 12 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

Well, aimilee, firstable let me ask you if you tried to seem like Amy Lee from Evanescence?

The second is what you just wrote is a clear example why relationships don't last and never work out.

People never realize that in this fuc… life nobody's perfect, people live their life wasting their time expecting (kinda hoping) for somebody to shows up and it never happens, eventually they get tired of waiting and decide not to be lonely no more and begin living with someone cuz they fear the loneliness.

In the beginning I went mad when I read/heard/saw cases like this, but as far as it's not my life which is going straight forward to the junk I don't care anymore.

Sorry if I'm being rude, it's just that it seems to be the only way for people to wake up, be aware and open up their eyes to what they're missing.

03:10 PM Aug 12 2006 |

GulviraM

GulviraM

Kazakhstan

In this context Love is passion, for a short time. when the passion is over people will fall out of love.

The real love is when you devoted yourself to people around, family, close friends, animals, nature, in one word LOVE means spiritual connection with GOD!!!

07:23 AM Aug 15 2006 |

lips

lips

Malaysia

There;s no such thing as love at first according to scientists.  Its our pheremones working hard.  That's why we like the person easily because we like their smell and the way they present themselves to us.

The other thing is, if we were born on the dates that match or complement each other.

Anyway love makes the world go round. 

04:12 PM Oct 11 2007 |

CZHY

CZHY

China

What does love mean for you? It is a good question. I think everybody and everything needs love, without love, this society is dangerous;  you love your folks, your friends, your co-workers and love animals and love your environment, with no true love and then there is no harmoniousness and would cause many problems.

12:41 AM Oct 15 2007 |