Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What do you think about Poland?

Sowa

Sowa

Poland

What do you think about Poland? What do you know about it? Have you ever been to Poland? etc.

09:44 AM Dec 16 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Gorgon

Gorgon

Romania

A quiet country, and a nation who minds their own business.

11:00 AM May 28 2010 |

ozo@izmir

ozo@izmir

Turkey

a funny new from Poland

Polish guy exploded a bomb.

He found it in garbage and exlpode it with picnic fire. 

Do you heard that :)  

12:33 PM May 28 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

When I think of Poland the first thing that comes up in the mind is the unfortunate fate of the Lech Kaczynski and the Polish top brass. And invariably the second thing is the incomprehensible nature of spelling of Polish, which, my friend from Bydgoszcz confirmed even more. Lol. Then is the hottie Natalya Simonova from Golden eye. She was one of the hottest Bond girls. However the the thing that had interested me most were the last lines of of the official version of Mazurek Dabrowski (the Polish anthem) which runs “Father in tears says to his Basia; Just listen it seems that our people; Are beating the drums; March, march”. I love studying anthems of various countries and IMHO this was one of the best.

06:07 PM May 30 2010 |

bajka

bajka

Poland

Nasim,you quoted my favourite stanza of our anthem,it’s wonderful that foreigners know Polish anthem,thank you:-)

05:22 PM Jun 01 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

:) believe me it is one of the most wonderful anthems that I’ve seen so far. Beautiful lyrics and great music.

06:33 PM Jun 01 2010 |

MrShaman

Poland

Such things happen every day in poland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QefYvOQwi4 - discovery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln-HDBSwU2I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EklUWQQInBM

05:09 PM Dec 17 2011 |

innocentm56

Pakistan

hello..I am a student..i like to study In Poland..Warsaw university of Technology…Please help…Is there someone who like to share his/her experience of living in Poland

09:26 AM Apr 07 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

What others from the US have said is true. They are perhaps too young to remember a truly remarkable thing that happened here though. After WWII, a common, but very derrogatory, type of joke was the polish joke. Back then, these jokes had a stereotypical idiot called the Pollack. You can watch a tv show called All in the Family online. It was famous for the polish jokes.

In the 80’s though, the Poles (I haven’t heard ANYONE here call them anything but Poles or Polish people in 20 years) rose up against the USSR and did more than we had in 50 years. Did so honorably and peacefully too. Everyone here my age and older and probably many of the younger group too knows the name Lech Wallesa (Which I probably misspelled) and the courage and love of freedom of the people of Poland. I have a Polish cousin also pushing 50 years old, and we were talking about that last November. He said it was amazingly different. He had gone to school in the days when having a Polish name meant good natured teasing and was struck by how quickly it became cool too have a Polish name. And so it’s clear, we teased Polish people, it’s not the same at all as picking on them.

12:02 AM Apr 11 2012 |