Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you sympathize????

Thaer_halid

Syrian Arab Republic

Peace be upon you!

Do you sympathize with poor people whome are controlled by their enemy????

I read this page of news on a web page>>

Gaza suffers under Israeli blockade  The one-and-a-half million Palestinians in Gaza are struggling to cope amid power cuts as Israel continues its fuel blockade of the territory.The shutdown of Gaza's only power plant has prompted fears of a humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip.Moaiya Hassanain, a health ministry official, said: "We have the choice to either cut electricity on babies in the maternity ward or heart surgery patients or stop operating rooms."  Gaza City awoke on Monday to find bread shops and petrol stations closed.Blockade 'a catastrophe'   Bakers said they stopped production as they had neither power nor flour. Fresh loaves of pita bread are a main part of residents' diets.Gazans said on Monday that they were eating less meat and dairy products since they had no power for refrigerators. The price of meat has doubled in 10 days.Gaza City was plunged into darkness after the plant was shut down on Sunday, three days after the Israeli fuel blockade began."At least 800,000 people are now in darkness," Derar Abu Sissi, general director of the plant, said on Monday.
"The catastrophe will affect hospitals, medical clinics, water wells, houses, factories - all aspects of life."'Patients at risk'head of the crisis management unit at the health ministry in Gaza, said that electricity from generators would only be available for a few more hours at the Al-Nasser children's hospital.
"These patients and these children are facing their destiny and they will die soon," he told Al Jazeera.
"What sort of humanitarian law is this?"                                                               english.aljazeera.net

10:53 PM Jan 23 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Thaer_halid

Syrian Arab Republic

sorry. gkisseberth. you are mostly wrong…..

11:52 PM May 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Please elaborate.

Mostly wrong about what?  If you think I am mostly wrong, then you must then think I am partially right. What parts of my post do you think are right?

02:21 AM May 07 2008 |

Thaer_halid

Syrian Arab Republic

DID YOU READ THE BOOK…......?? I GUESS NOT.

11:39 PM May 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Yes, I told you in the other thread where you posted links to your article that I had read it.

What was I mostly wrong about?

What was I partially right about.? 

12:09 AM May 08 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

so much I sympathize  with them  ,

how hard to live in such a circumstances ?   

I hate Isra'el for these deeds  ? it is  so evil  and  so merciless 

cruel  

07:04 AM May 08 2008 |

Thaer_halid

Syrian Arab Republic

I THINK THAT U HAVE TO GO TO PALESTINE AND LIVE ONLY 2DAYS AND THEN I'LL ASK YOU ABOUT YOUR OPINION…..REALITY COULD NOT BE PRESENTED BY MASS MEDIA AS IT IS…......

09:58 PM May 21 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I THINK THAT U HAVE TO GO TO PALESTINE AND LIVE ONLY 2DAYS AND THEN I'LL ASK YOU ABOUT YOUR OPINION…..REALITY COULD NOT BE PRESENTED BY MASS MEDIA AS IT IS…......

Sorry Thaer, I didn't realize that was the rule. I guess your opinion is based on living in Palestine? 

10:37 PM May 21 2008 |

Thaer_halid

Syrian Arab Republic

not it's not like that….....but many people who came to Palestine from America ,Asia, Europe, etc say that what they see in fact is very diffrenet. Reality is more bitter…

Please try to watch this documentary film " The Voice of Concealed" it's not Arabic production but it contains some reality.

02:25 AM May 22 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Thaer, I am sorry, but if you wish to apply that rule to me (that my opinion is invalid because I am not in Palestine) then you should apply it to yourself as well. 

I don't automatically base my opinions on what I see in "mass media". You should realize, however, that any "mass media" doing it's job well is reporting facts based on the experiences of people who ARE in Palestine.

I will tell you that as a generalization, the Western media is much more pro-Palestine than pro-Israel. A lot of news gets filtered through that institutional bias. 

Despite the anti-semitic fantasies of many rabid Israel haters in the rest of the world, the media, nor any other sector of American or other western societies is under the control of the Zionists.  

02:49 AM May 22 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Unless you have lived in Palestine AND you agree that Israel is evil your opinions are invalid.

Sorry, those are the rules.  

10:18 AM May 22 2008 |