Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what do know about Saudi Arabia?

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

Hi everyone

From the thread I saw yesterday  "surprise us" by gkisseberth.

I love to write a single thread about Saudi Arabia.

Coz I know a lot of people don't know what  this country is.

Here in this new post,

I wanna show you some single details about the civilization of it.

And some famous people around it .

please if u interest Ask me anything you want to know about this peaceful country

And I want the saudi members here in ebaby

To help me expose the bright side of Saudi Arabia.

thanks alot

Julee  

04:59 PM Feb 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

funnymodi

welcome dear here

08:06 PM Feb 28 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

dignified

that isn't true.

saudi arabia have the most holiest places in whole world

makkah and al-madinah

these famous mosques are protected by our government

and they make a huge effort to expand them more and more

because there are a lot of people come to visit them from

different nations.

so you know the great contribution that saudi make for Hajj

every year.

here are some pictures:

this is Mohammd's Mosque in al-Madina

08:54 PM Feb 28 2008 |

naddito

naddito

Saudi Arabia

these are an amazing pic and comprehensive introduction for our country

keep going and thanks for ur nice topic

02:57 AM Feb 29 2008 |

Leia_14

Leia_14

Philippines

Oh! I didn’t know anything about Saudi Arabia before. Thanks for posting those pictures. Those are nice sceneries. I want to visit those places soon. See yeh there. ^^

03:42 AM Feb 29 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

Dr. Hayat Sindi, the Saudi scientist,

STILL only in her 20’s, Dr. Hayat Sindi has invented a machine combining the effects of light and ultra-sound for use in the esoteric field of biotechnology. Despite offers of $350 million for research and development from prospective manufactures and commercial partners, including the UK aviation industry and NASA, she wants the development costs and subsequent benefits to involve the Arab world.Dr. Hayat Sindi is a Saudi medical researcher . She has invented a machine combining the effects of light and ultra-sound for use in the esoteric field of biotechnology. Her major project is being carried out in partnership with the universities of Exeter and Cambridge.Sindi's major invention is called MARS (Magnetic Acousitic Resonance Sensor), patented during her PhD work at the Institute of Biotechnology at Cambridge University. Sindi's first degree was in Pharmacology from King's College, London where she was a recipient of Princess Anne's Award for her undergraduate work on allergy.Along with her scientific activities, Sindi participated in numerous events aimed at raising the awareness of science amongst females, particularly in Saudi Arabia and the Muslim World in general. She is also interested in the problem of brain drain and was an invited speaker at the Jeddah Economic Forum 2005.Currently, she is a visiting scholar in professor George Whitesides group at Harvard University.

The new device very accurately chooses the suitable medications in dealing with different cancers. It reveals the protein or the signification of cancer, which is difficult to do with the means that are currently available now. However due to the machine’s sensitivity and accuracy, the protein can be detected in the very early stages of the disease. Consequently the medication can be started earlier and many patients can be saved “The lab tests have proved its success,” sys Dr. Sindi, “and I am currently working on producing it at a small size so that any doctor can use it in their clinic.” The machine also has uses in environmental preservation projects, has applications in research by astronauts — because it is made of glass that resist influence — and is simple to use.The genesis of the new device was Dr.iven by need. After graduating with BA in pharmacology from Kings College and beginning research in the science of medicine and its compounds, Dr. Sindi I needed an accurate machine to assist in research. “I decided to move from pharmacology to physics and,” she said “I applied for a grant at Cambridge University.”The machine also has uses in environmental preservation projects, has applications in research by astronauts — because it is made of glass that resist influence — and is simple to use.The genesis of the new device was Dr.iven by need. After graduating with BA in pharmacology from Kings College and beginning research in the science of medicine and its compounds, Dr. Sindi I needed an accurate machine to assist in research. “I decided to move from pharmacology to physics and,” she said “I applied for a grant at Cambridge University.”Dr. Sindi is unique in that she is not the only Arab woman in the field, but the only woman in the world.“In Britain, in the field of biotechnology does not accept women,” she said, “and when I graduated from Cambridge with honors one of the female professors at the university told me that I deserve recognition because I ‘raised the heads’ of women around the world and not just Arabs.”As a partner in the company, she has to travel to different places such Harvard, Stanford, Tokyo and Moscow. “When they first see me I see the shock on their faces for I’m young, petite and a Muslim woman who covers (wear ‘hijab’ on my head).” After she graduated from high school in Saudi Arabia she enrolled in the Medical College. “I have loved research since I was a child but in order to make my Dr.eam come true I needed to travel abroad. That was an unacceptable socially and difficult financially. She was the oldest of 8 siblings — girls don’t get scholarships. For two years, this restricted her, but when my parents saw how unhappy I was they trusted me and did all that they could to enable me to go.In Britain, they didn’t recognize her degree so she had to study from secondary level again. For a year she studied long hours in a small unheated room. “Still, I kept my faith and beliefs as a Muslim girl. When I first started at Cambridge a well-known scientist told me that I’d fail unless I let go of my cover ‘hijab’ and changed my ways. He gave me three months to fail.”

she is really amazing woman.

10:56 AM Feb 29 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

Leia_14

good to see u here,

and i hope i see u in saudi arabis

11:00 AM Feb 29 2008 |

MarocLady

MarocLady

Germany

saudigirl

Thanks for your answer ;) according to you, wahabism doesn ´t exist, right??

julee

thank you, too;) well, according to your answer, wahabism exists and is a sect, right? 

i´m a little bit confusedEmbarassed

06:06 PM Feb 29 2008 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

hi dear It exists but as a sect as I told u.

But it doesn't represent the real Islam.

MOHAMAD BIN ABDULWAHAB is a great man and his rule is

remarkable.

And the people who love him so much called themselves as al-wahabiah because of him.

But the real Islam based on Qura'n and Sunna only.

I hope u get it 

07:15 AM Mar 01 2008 |

parag sancheti.

India

plz can u tell me saudi arabia . i dont no anything ? canu tell

10:34 AM Mar 01 2008 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

CryCryCrywowo i really loved these pictures of makkah I hope I can go there soon.

11:39 AM Mar 01 2008 |