Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

The true religion

Hope's

Belgium

Each person is born in a circumstance which is not of his own choosing.  The religion of his family or the ideology of the state is thrust upon him from the very beginning of his existence in this world.  By the time he reaches his teens, he is usually fully brain-washed into believing that the beliefs of his particular society are the correct beliefs that everyone should have.  However, when some people mature and are exposed to other belief-systems, they begin to question the validity of their own beliefs.  The seekers of truth often reach a point of confusion upon realizing that each and every religion, sect, ideology and philosophy claims to be the one and only correct way for man.  Indeed, they all encourage people to do good.  So, which one is right?  They cannot all be right, since each claims all others are wrong.  Then how does the seeker of truth choose the right way?

God gave us all minds and intellects to enable us to make this crucial decision.  It is the most important decision in the life of a human being.  Upon it depends his future.  Consequently, each and every one of us must examine dispassionately the evidence presented, and choose what appears to be right until further evidence arises.

Like every other religion or philosophy, Islam also claims to be the one and only true way to God.  In this respect it is no different from other systems.  This booklet intends to provide some evidence for the validity of that claim.  However, it must always be kept in mind that one can only determine the true path by putting aside emotions and prejudices, which often blind us to reality.  Then, and only then, will we be able to use our God-given intelligence and make a rational and correct decision.

There are several arguments which may be advanced to support Islam’s claim to be the true religion of God.  The following are only three of the most obvious.  The first argument is based on the divine origin of the names of the religion and the comprehensiveness of its meaning.  The second deals with the unique and uncomplicated teachings concerning the relationship between God, man, and creation.  The third argument derives from the fact that Islam is universally attainable by all men at all times.  These are the three basic components of what logic and reason dictate necessary for a religion to be considered the true religion of God.  The following posts will develop these concepts in some detail.

09:17 PM Apr 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Alejandro81

Colombia

Hope, why not think there's not a "true" religion, no one has the whole thruth. We're in a  world with a rich cultural diversity, and we have the oportunity to interact with different people, and learn from that diversity of points of view. No matter if there's a believer or not, or what religion follow, all we can learn from the others.

Finally, if you want to show your points of view, or your beliefs, i suggest you to try other way, because I doubt that at least someone has read your extensive posts

09:55 PM Apr 06 2008 |

Hope's

Belgium

Alej…why i don't think there is not a true religion…to my mind i believe that islam is…and the way..yeah maybe am wrong and thnx for that remark:)...still learning.

10:07 PM Apr 06 2008 |

Hope's

Belgium

Alej..I was Christian…and i just said i do believe that islam is the only true religion and some ppl may think that am obliging them to believe in it….no cause it is only a way to show what i think it is the truth wether u accept it or not…don't mind if u will laugh or make fun…cause i already did what i think it is good….and  in this thread what i've posted before maybe it is right maybe wrong…am not perfect.there should be some mistakes and am not going to get mad if u said stop u are wrong..and this not correct and i will accept all the opinions and JOKES:)

08:10 AM Apr 07 2008 |

Hope's

Belgium

Check this flash..it is about islam in English.

http://saaid.net/flash/113644.htm

09:02 AM Apr 07 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

Alej..I was Christian…and i just said i do believe that islam is the only true religion and some ppl may think that am obliging them to believe in it….no cause it is only a way to show what i think it is the truth wether u accept it or not…don't mind if u will laugh or make fun…cause i already did what i think it is good….and  in this thread what i've posted before maybe it is right maybe wrong…am not perfect.there should be some mistakes and am not going to get mad if u said stop u are wrong..and this not correct and i will accept all the opinions and JOKES:)

you should put the word "for you" duh..

06:29 PM Apr 07 2008 |

botayna

botayna

Morocco

hop's

am agree with u,i am muslim and am proud of myself

we do not oblige anyone to be a muslim

i beleive  in all religion,i respect all religion,but islam is my first and my last

religion.

alhamdolilah

09:04 PM Apr 07 2008 |

Hope's

Belgium

Should i add for me?!!....well,it is the only true religion for all the humans,i do believe in this more than i believe in 1+1=2 ….anyhow not only me who do believe in this ..at least 1 Milliards of ppl do believe that islam is the only accepted religion…BTW Jane…when prophet Mohammed initiated his mss..he doesn't say for me….do u know this?!!!

03:21 PM Apr 09 2008 |

abdou 123

abdou 123

Algeria

uhave to see beyond what u can know .. u have to use ur mind u have to leavr feeling beside use ur head and u will find that islam is the true religon try to see all religon in the world and than say wich when stays for good ….. 

03:43 PM Apr 09 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

Hope: well,it is the only true religion for all the humans,i do believe in this more than i believe in 1+1=2

read this:

Mark said: Sure – but that's a personal choice for you. No-one can rightly claim that their religion is the best for everyone! No-one can rightly claim that their religion is "The true religion".

we have too many proof about your….way of thinking, that we need to write it in another paper. 

I can't see why they claim that Fitna is a lie if I read all Hope's posts. 

I can only put more support to this movie if you keep saying that.

ps: YEAH, Jesus didn't say it is the right religion for me only and that we have to save those lost souls yada yada. BUT the big difference between US is: I never stated that Christian is the only true religion for ALL people. I believe that it is the perfect one FOR ME. but I never state that it's the best FOR ALL. it is only show another stage where you failed to tolerate another religion. shame on you. 

03:44 PM Apr 09 2008 |

Hope's

Belgium

Jane…Mark said bla bla..who is MARK?!!....in addition there are many reasons why islam is the only true religion…and Jesus didn't say that cause he said that there will be another prophet after him and this prophet is Mohammed (peace be upon him)....I can only put more support to this movie..this is what i wait from ppl who are not muslims….you failed to tolerate another religion,,this words u should adress it to urself cause u couldn't tolerate islam and atheists who like to be free…athiest will say no..but some of them said..what's a good feeling to be FREE.

04:32 PM Apr 09 2008 |