Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is 'successful marriage'

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

All of us use word 'successful marriage',what are essentaials of it & which marriage you call a successful marriage ?

Do you feel that a couple living together under one roof , for whole of the life can be called successful marriage.

05:35 PM Apr 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

etery

etery

Finland

I'm married and I think my marriage is successful. My husband understands all my weird habits and I understand and respect his ones. To respect each other is very very important. Sex is important too, of course. Besides we are doing the same work. We are working in the theatre. We've never quarrelled because of trifles. We always support each other.

It is for now. Who knows what we'll become in the future. I think husband and wife should be very wise and patient to keep together.

02:06 PM May 10 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Etery,

from your statement it seems to me  that both of you are very matured,because both of you are working in theatre you must have developed a very rare phenomana of common sense.Understanding each other is very delicate issue.

Your marriage is really meaningful & I feel that if you have lived together without marriage the result would have been the same.It is your trust & understanding that makes you couple.Congratulations…

04:53 PM May 10 2008 |

vanillaa

China

a couple living together under the same roof for life long,still care about eachother,Both of them are willing to sacrifice when there is a problem

05:34 PM May 10 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Shadoww,

For most of the people,living in togetherness of a male with female & producing afew children is a successful marriage.mmmm but I don't feel satisfied with it.existentially it is already happening,but to add something extra in relations may be called 'sucessfull marriage'

I know that I can't change the thoughts of people ,but I also have some thoughts so I also can't stop it.Everyone has the liberty to express,so I try to express myself.

Yes Dear,We have to LIVE BY THE RULES! Because we have lost the 'common sense',of respecting life,so we derived RULES but we have forgotten that rules are means not ends,so rules have been became ends.

We have lost the aliveness of life & life has become a 'thing'.

01:18 AM May 11 2008 |

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

love is not enough ,there is understanig and caring.  different approaches of a husband and a wife can cause lots of problems especially when it comes to money and idealisms .the ability to understand and listen is very important. Love might be ,especially for young couples, just a sudden new feeling they like to experience but then they find out later that it is not everything they need in a person to devote thier life for…..Kiss

08:55 AM May 11 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

It's findind that special someone who you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

Nu Pogodi, what a great reply!Laughing

10:09 AM May 11 2008 |

u064240

u064240

United Arab Emirates

let me ask u devindernaqpal . Are you my teach – John Eilzer – but you have change your picure . I wrote an Essay few days ago about succesful marriage

Sex + sharing house chorse + love + money "some time' + good housing + romatic communication= succesful marriage 

11:40 AM May 11 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

u064240,

No I am not teacher at all.I am not even a student yet,I am trying to learn the language of heart,existence & being.Devinder Nagpal is just my name & I am really different from it.

02:04 AM May 12 2008 |

dua iman

dua iman

Pakistan

mmm not just appreciating is enough i think but to accept and understand the other in certain situations,,,it may take time to understand a person to that extant but if one does so,he/she can be a best life partner and thus can be a pillar to a happy married life

04:05 AM May 12 2008 |

lynn-简单爱

lynn-简单爱

China

In my opinion, a successfull marriage is which begin with love mutual and trust each other.

05:36 AM May 12 2008 |