Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Obama wins..

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Are you happy with victory of Obama ?

05:07 PM Jun 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

lol yes ophilia, a president even has a right to deny the senate decision..(Bush did it once I think)

that's why it is important to support a candidate that oppose the war..

Greg, if McCain comes with a statement that a soldier will only deploy for a maximum 12 months every 3 or 4 year I would love to think about him. What Bush did to the troops that being sent to the kitty box (I mean Iraq) is far from what they deserve. I would LOVE to see a better respect from the government to the troops especially since they are the ones that leave their families behind to serve the country in a dangerous land.

I've been there and saw how much we help Iraqis. I am proud of the fact that US, UK and coalition soldiers do so much things to finish what we've been started. BUT if McCain has Bush's endorsement I think he will be just another Bush in the white house.

many of these soldiers only have a year to live in the state before they are being deployed again. and I must say that the Army doesnt give a shit to the soldiers mentality.

don't get me wrong, I'm PROUD of the soldiers, I do think those who serve in the army are the true heroes of America, I just think they deserve more than what they deserve now.

You might think I get a little too personal on this issue but I saw so many military wives and their families, and they deserve more than what they get now. and I'm not talking about money.

If the war is still going to be happen then be it BUT with a note: The government should have a better system in rolling the deployed unit and a better way to treat them.

the most important issue for me is everything dealing with the Army and how will they treat the soldiers. I don't see McCain will change a thing.

04:22 PM Jun 11 2008 |

vinbu

vinbu

Philippines

Yes I agree bec. this will be the first time that the future president of USA is black who is living in a white house.

05:45 AM Jun 13 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

he doesn't know what to do while he is up there and you just wonder what kind of a dumb ass put him up there

right…and Lincoln didn't even have any great political experience before yet he's one of the best presidents of the USA..so do you think people back there might thought the same way about Lincoln the same way old fashioned republicans think about Obama?

another republican will bring bad name to USA. that's it. 

12:22 PM Jun 13 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

that post turtle joke was a popular one about Bush, too.   I think it fits both of them perfectly. 

Jane, I can only hope that because of his much more extensive military experience that McCain would have a little more knowledge of and empathy for the situation of the soldiers. I think many hard line Democrats are vocal about supporting the troops only because the public would crucify them if they said otherwise. I really don't believe that Obama cares much about your fiance or the ones serving with him except as far as they serve his own goals

(again, not that Bush is better)  

03:20 PM Jun 13 2008 |