Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Heaven and Hell? "where will I go?"

gkisseberth

Germany

What does your religion say about an afterlife? 

If you think there is a heaven or paradise or a hell or some other form of punishment, what are the requirements for entering?

What happens to non-believers?

What happens to children who die very young?

What happens to animals or pets? 

09:23 PM Jun 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

birgül1

Turkey

:))))))))))(it is too hard to write because of laughing:)))))

I hope you will go to paradise:)

09:45 PM Jun 07 2008 |

Amr Diab

Amr Diab

Egypt

I agree with you hakimi, but at first we should tell him the requirements for heaven, as  hell doesn't need any hard requirements :-)

Regards 

10:03 PM Jun 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

thanks for the answers, Hakimi. I'd be interested in what you can say about hell and heaven.

In one response to a similar question, I gathered that Muslims may be subjected to some kind of punishment for their bad deeds, but not eternal punishment like non-believers.

I know that Muslims revere Mohammad as a perfect man, but does that mean he was without sin? What about before his revelations? Did Mohammad then spend some time in hell or time being punished before ascending to heaven? 

10:22 PM Jun 07 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

do you really want to learn them or is it only fun for you?:)

10:28 PM Jun 07 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

I am just wonder it,not criticizing you

10:29 PM Jun 07 2008 |

Amr Diab

Amr Diab

Egypt

We can talk forever about "Muhammad", and we will never give Him what HE deserves, if you want to know a lot of things about "Muhammad" , just follow this link http://www.rasoulallah.net

its available by 6 different languages.

Regards 

10:32 PM Jun 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I am curious and enjoy learning about religious beliefs, birgul.

10:35 PM Jun 07 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

I love your last question actually its a thoughtful one. the funny thing I can answer for Hinduism but cant remember an answer from Christianity lol I should ask my Faith mentor :D

11:04 PM Jun 07 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

LOL jane.
I also have no idea about the answers for all the questions.but I think I have many requirements to be positioned in hell because of lack of faith in christianity.=)
btw guys,don’t you think that animals also have soul in their mortal body?

12:05 AM Jun 08 2008 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

the only place i go after death is "i go to dust"

for a non-believer, death means the end of a life,but it aslo can be a start of another life. we return the circle of life but in a physical form. our corpose gets decomposed, and absorbed by other creatures, like plants, grass, earth, and so on.so to a ceartain sense, we are still alive but in another form. maybe i am partly in a flower, partly in a bird and partly in an ocean, even i contibute to become a fish.

Have you ever met something strange or some strangers but you feel familiar to it or the people, i think maybe it is beacuse we share some parts of others who die.

i am not sure whether i have express myself clearly.

02:34 AM Jun 08 2008 |