Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

LATE

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Recently I watched a movie on TV. I forgot about the title but it’s maybe smthing like “The League of Outstanding Gentlemen”. One of the actors is Sean Connery. And I found this dialog in the film. “LATE is woman’s prerogrative”. What do you think about that saying guys? Does that really show the fact in life or they just mumbled around?=)

11:43 AM Jul 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

afrah11

Egypt

wamen never late

07:02 PM Jul 08 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Afrah,
I’ve never said that woman is always late. But if then in your surrounding women are so on time I can say no more.
Btw, I want to ask this to women. Have you ever made your lover waiting for you deliberately? Why?

07:23 PM Jul 08 2008 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

It seems that it has nothing to do with gender.

Instead, I heard that people from different culture had  different attitude toward punctuality.

05:26 AM Jul 09 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Nu, are you trying to say that competition between women is really harder than men’s competition? Or in other words, do you think that women’s ego is bigger than men’s generally? Btw thanks for the correction.=)

05:43 PM Jul 09 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Bonz, yeah it’s better be late than never.lol

05:53 PM Jul 09 2008 |

tinhappy

tinhappy

China

i am not punctual and i am not always to be the late one.Tongue out

09:18 AM Jul 10 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

personally ,  I am often late Tongue out

I try to change this as I can

01:50 PM Jul 10 2008 |

afrah11

Egypt

o my god  ,wamen never late

05:06 PM Jul 10 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

lol NU. I’d choose the “I’m blinded by your beauty” as the best answer. I don’t know but maybe I think that girl is so keen on being lied by boys as long as she’s happy.lol
and I also have no idea about girl’s bulimia and anorexia. It really doesn’t make sense to keep the body shape by not concerned with your health. What’s the attractive things you’d get from a skinny girl? Nothing I guess.

09:24 PM Jul 10 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Ryo,
I like a girl who is not so skinny or not so fat. She just has a proportional body shape.
But the main part of it is, she must be a smart woman and good at english, so then she can teach me or maybe we can learn together.
So welcome to all not skinny girl.lol

06:48 PM Jul 13 2008 |