Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

which language is the most difficult?

diansantoso

Indonesia

which language is the most difficult?

10:58 AM Oct 25 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Zamiq

Zamiq

Azerbaijan

of course Chinese because they prononse very hard( I think)))

07:08 PM Apr 17 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

I have a habit of learning a few words from many languages … I have tried Danish, Dutch, Lithuanian, Spanish, Portuguese, Bosnian, Romanian, Slovak, Hindi, Urdu, Chinese, Arabic, Italian, and seen many more written down at some time or other …. and I did French at school, and I am trying to learn Turkish now, on and off …. well, actually I am really bad at speaking foreign languages.

I find Turkish really difficult – so many different cases, long words, but the pronounciation is easy-ish.

I agree Arabic, Finnish, Lithuanian and Hungarian look really difficult.

I'm interested in what Javamanju said about sanskrit as a metalanguage.

Chinese is easier than people think, I think, I tried to pronounce chinese and it was easy (a chinese person understood me – now I usually get my pronounciation and accents horribly wrong). I have a crazy idea that all languages should change their written form to chinese characters – because they are separate from the pronounciation – so we could all use the characters to represent our words, like the chinese, and then we could all write things down in 'our' written language, and we could all understand it fluently – we would get the meaning from the characters, even though we would actually speak different languages.

Isn't it true that you only need a small number of characters, because a lot of them are added together to form new words, there are families of characters aren't there?

07:41 PM Apr 17 2009 |

Reema 2008

Reema 2008

Saudi Arabia

No doubt !! It’s Arabic

10:50 AM Apr 18 2009 |

JoAnna

JoAnna

Poland

Polish!:D

05:18 PM Apr 19 2009 |

jess9622

jess9622

China

Arabic and Chinese

05:04 AM Apr 21 2009 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

For me its Chinese language. May it be Hokien, mandarin or whatever.

05:08 AM Apr 21 2009 |

moe111

Saudi Arabia

sure arabic…

05:51 AM Apr 21 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

Arabic

but for me, I think it would be the Chinese language _ for I can never understand the way it is written and spoken.

06:52 AM Apr 21 2009 |

ewkaa

ewkaa

Poland

I think chinese, but polish is really difficult too.. ;D

04:38 PM Apr 26 2009 |

sHiFra

sHiFra

Mexico

chinese n japanese have an easy pronunciation for me, the problem is the pictogrames u_U

dutch ( i've tried to pronounce a single word n i've got like 10 min to get the right pronunciation, besides iforgot how to write it ¬¬ it's not consonant-vowel-consonant-vowel… so i forgot xD) also polish n close languages :S:S i havent got that phonetic.

11:18 PM Apr 27 2009 |